+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EMERGENCY : Married / Not including spouse in application / Need Advise

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I am married and currently living in Canada. I have PGWP and my wife is living with me as well on Dependent Work Permit. I have created express entry profile and if I include my wife in application my CRS score is 416 and If I chose not to include her my score is much higher at 447. Soon I will get 2 years of work experience so my score will reach to 460.

I want to know is it okay not to include my wife for PR application as she is already here on a work permit and we don't have any issue to wait for little longer for her PR. Only concern I have is our work permit is going to expire on Feb28th 2017.

I want to know if I get ITA, can I include her in application after ITA.? Also If I don't include her in application and once I get my PR what will be the procedure to apply for my wife's PR.? What should we do if I get PR by next year and her work permit expires, is there anything else I can apply for to let her stay in Canada.?

Please provide any information/Guidance you can.

Thanks in Advance.

OMNI

Jan 30, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No.... You cannot do that.

That would be misrepresentation could and it get you banned.

Instead I would suggest get your wife Bachelors/Masters certified if she has any via WES
Ask her to prepare for IELTS so that you can Improve points

simplynd2804 said:
Hi

I am married and currently living in Canada. I have PGWP and my wife is living with me as well on Dependent Work Permit. I have created express entry profile and if I include my wife in application my CRS score is 416 and If I chose not to include her my score is much higher at 447. Soon I will get 2 years of work experience so my score will reach to 460.

I want to know is it okay not to include my wife for PR application as she is already here on a work permit and we don't have any issue to wait for little longer for her PR. Only concern I have is our work permit is going to expire on Feb28th 2017.

I want to know if I get ITA, can I include her in application after ITA.? Also If I don't include her in application and once I get my PR what will be the procedure to apply for my wife's PR.? What should we do if I get PR by next year and her work permit expires, is there anything else I can apply for to let her stay in Canada.?

Thanks in Advance.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can't remove her from your application just to get more points. The only way for this to work is to legally get separated from her. IRCC already knows that you're married and she's a dependent of yours. Just saying you're not married will subject you to a misrepresentation issue, which has a penalty of 5 years ban from applying for any Canadian visa. Even if somehow you convince them that you're not married at application stage and get a PR, you can't sponser her afterwards.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMNI said:
No.... You cannot do that.
Actually OP can do that without risking misrepresentation.

They can choose to list their spouse as 'not accompanying'. That gets them higher CRS points but their spouse won't get PR along with them. They would have to sponsor their spouse after getting their own PR status and meeting other requirements. The downside is that this process can be very time consuming depending on the OP's country of citizenship. So the easiest and quickest way of both getting PR is by filing for it together with the spouse listed as 'accompanying'.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not saying I am not married, In my profile I am saying Married as my status. There is a question that says do you want to include your spouse in application or not, and I am saying is it okay to say that I do not want to include her for PR application.

astro313

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Or you can re-marry her after getting Passport Request and provide the new marriage certificate as proof.

I think we found a leak in the system 8).

In fact I would not suggest this. It's better to take the safe path (as OMNI is also suggesting). If your wife does ECA + IELTS it will not lower your points below 450.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
simplynd2804 said:
Hi

I want to know if I get ITA, can I include her in application after ITA.? - Yes, but your CRS points will be recalculated based on the new information and if it is below draw score your application would be refused. So no reason to do that.
Also If I don't include her in application and once I get my PR what will be the procedure to apply for my wife's PR.? - You could try to sponsor her later... probably. Check out sponsorship applications.
What should we do if I get PR by next year and her work permit expires, is there anything else I can apply for to let her stay in Canada.? - I think that if you exclude your wife from PR application as non-accompanied, later it will be harder for her to get temporary status in Canada.

Thanks in Advance.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Actually OP can do that without risking misrepresentation.

They can choose to list their spouse as 'not accompanying'. That gets them higher CRS points but their spouse won't get PR along with them. They would have to sponsor their spouse after getting their own PR status. The downside is that this process can be very time consuming depending on the OP's country of citizenship. So the easiest and quickest way of both getting PR is by filing for it together with the spouse listed as 'accompanying'.
Thank you Asivad, and I know sponsorship takes time, but I want to know once I get PR and Sponsor her can she stay in Canada.? She already has a work permit till Feb 28,2017. Before that expire is it possible that I can sponsor her and apply for any kind of extension on work permit or Bridge to extend her stay .?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simplynd2804 said:
Thank you Asivad, and I know sponsorship takes time, but I want to know once I get PR and Sponsor her can she stay in Canada.? She already has a work permit till Feb 28,2017. Before that expire is it possible that I can sponsor her and apply for any kind of extension on work permit or Bridge to extend her stay .?
She can stay in Canada till Feb 28, 2017. IRCC had initiated a pilot program but the details are sketchy - try and reach out to IRCC to understand more on this program.

Having said that, I would still recommend that you apply along with your spouse and take the PN route when it becomes available. Or try convincing one of your employers to get an LMIA. Sponsorship is trickier than EE.