+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eMedical Worker to Visitor

amith.s.m

Jul 3, 2015
Hello,

Hope everyone is doing well. I completed my eMedical on May 27 May 2016 under "Worker" but since then my status has changed from "Worker" to "Visitor" since my status in Canada expired. I have applied for restoration of status as a visitor. I have also received a new ITA and am now ready to submit my documents. But do I need to do a new eMedical because of my status change even though eMedical is valid for a year ?

Kindly advise.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It should be OK. I also used my 6-month-old Non-EDE Worker eMedical from my PR application to apply for a TRV, got it passed the next day.

amith.s.m

Jul 3, 2015
Thank you for your prompt reply.

But I am currently out of status, can I still use my medical from when I was a worker which was 2 months ago ? I am currently a visitor. Please do advise.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
amith.s.m said:
amith.s.m said:
Bump!!

Help a brother out guys!
Seriously, bumping your thread after less than an hour is rude. People on this forum give their own time and provide advice for free, so have a little patience and wait for an answer. If you can't wait more than a few hours, go pay a lawyer/consultant for an answer.

amith.s.m said:
But I am currently out of status, can I still use my medical from when I was a worker which was 2 months ago ? I am currently a visitor. Please do advise.
Applying for restoration as a visitor doesn't make you a visitor. As of right now, you are here illegally.

For the medical, your status, or lack thereof, doesn't matter.

amith.s.m

Jul 3, 2015
My apologies for the persistent bumping. I shouldve known better. I will be more considerate on this forum in the future.

Thank you for having the kindness to still provide me with an answer. Much appreciated.