+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Embassy rejected Nanny Work Visa as it claims employer doesn't Nake enough money to support Nanny

SanjitSingh

Apr 24, 2018
I have sponsored a Nanny using an LMIA. The work visa got rejected for the following reason.

"I am not satisfied that your employer was able to demonstrate sufficient financial ability to pay a caregiver the wage indicated in the employment contract."

Any advice on how the embassy can make such an assessment on the employers capability to pay the employees salary as the work visa application process does not require the employer to make such a demonstration?

The LMIA application however requires me to demonstrate my suitability and capability which I had done and was therefore issued an LMIA.

thanks,

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
How much total income did you show for work permit, did you attach NoA for past 3 years ?

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have sponsored a Nanny using an LMIA. The work visa got rejected for the following reason.

"I am not satisfied that your employer was able to demonstrate sufficient financial ability to pay a caregiver the wage indicated in the employment contract."

Any advice on how the embassy can make such an assessment on the employers capability to pay the employees salary as the work visa application process does not require the employer to make such a demonstration?

The LMIA application however requires me to demonstrate my suitability and capability which I had done and was therefore issued an LMIA.

thanks,
The LMIA and work permit are actually assessed by two separate bodies. So unfortunately it is possible to be approved for one and refused for the other. I would echo the question above regarding your NOA.

SanjitSingh

Apr 24, 2018
How much total income did you show for work permit, did you attach NoA for past 3 years ?
My Notice of Assessment is greater than the sum of [ LICO value of $38,185 and the Nanny Salary of $25,480 ]. The LICO value is based on a 3-member family within the largest city available from the table (>500K population). The Nanny salary is based on $14 per hour, 52 weeks and 35 hours per week. This is the test based on LMIA application. If an additional test is required then it needs to be stipulated somewhere. Nowhere have I been asked to provide 3 years of notice of assessment?

SanjitSingh

Apr 24, 2018
The LMIA and work permit are actually assessed by two separate bodies. So unfortunately it is possible to be approved for one and refused for the other. I would echo the question above regarding your NOA.
My Notice of Assessment is greater than the sum of [ LICO value of $38,185 and the Nanny Salary of $25,480 ]. The LICO value is based on a 3-member family within the largest city available from the table (>500K population). The Nanny salary is based on $14 per hour, 52 weeks and 35 hours per week. This is the test based on LMIA application. If an additional test is required then it needs to be stipulated somewhere. Nowhere have I been asked to provide 3 years of notice of assessment?