+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Emails, pictures and chat conversations for spousal sponsorship

sridhar249

Oct 7, 2014
Hi,

I am a PR of Canada. I am planning to apply PR for my wife and daughter. My daughter is a few months old now.

So, to sponsor them, is it mandatory to submit Emails, pictures and chat conversations between me and my wife?

I don't have any email conversations with my wife. Is it going to be a problem?? I moved to India after getting my PR in Oct 2012 and got married in May 2013 and have been staying in India till now. I am planning to move back to Canada in the next couple of months.

And the chat conversations are in local language. Do i need to get them translated to English? If yes, can i translate them myself and attach the English version along with the printed copies of original conversations?? (or), do you think i should get it translated by a professional.

Thanks in Advance,
Sridhar.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
They are for supporting your application only. not mandatory. you can submit your engagement, wedding photos and photos of you going out with your wife.. family photos with your baby.. all these should help supporting your application.

mrashid123

Nov 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
~ July 2013 (after receiving my Originals)
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014!!! (Soo relieved!! Alhamd!!)
LANDED..........
14-03-2014!! (Happiest day of my life!! :):)
YOu don't need to get n e thing translated.... just attach all the chat conversations u can get a hold of.... they won't b reading through them line by line.... but more importantly they will look at pics of ur wedding n honeymoon etc... attach a few pics of post marriage.... u will also be including ur daughter in ur application...

U mentioned u moved back to India after getting ur PR... so they might have a question about whether or not u really intend on moving to Canada... u might want to include some additional evidence that u intend on settling in Canada with your family after the application is approved

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
If you have lots of other good evidence, emails and chat conversations are not very important.

A picture is worth a thousand words! Do you have photos with your wife, and with your wife's family? All kinds of family photos, photos on vacations together, wedding photos etc will be the best evidence.

And of course, the fact that you have a baby together is proof that your marriage is genuine.

We sent in hundreds of pages of chat logs, skype logs, copies of love letters, emails... I don't think they saw any of it. Some of it they returned, and it looked untouched. It was in the clip we had attached and looked pristine. The photos did look shuffled around a little.

sridhar249

Oct 7, 2014
mrashid123 said:
U mentioned u moved back to India after getting ur PR... so they might have a question about whether or not u really intend on moving to Canada... u might want to include some additional evidence that u intend on settling in Canada with your family after the application is approved
Thanks everyone for the valuable suggestions.

Yes, i moved to India in Oct 2012 on Intra company transfer (I got my PR in July 2012). I resigned from our head office in Calgary, Canada and joined the Indian branch in Bangalore in Oct 2012. Also, i recently resigned our company's Indian branch and joined another company in May 2014. Now, i will be resigning from this company i joined in May 2014, will be coming to Canada in the next couple of moths, and planning to settle there in Canada.

I am holding a Bank Account and Credit Card from Canada that i opened when i was in Canada. I hold both the Bank account and Credit card from the year 2010. I also filed my taxes in Canada for the year 2012. I am also planning to file the taxes for the year 2013 (on the income that i earned in India) as well (though i have n't lived in Canada in 2013) as some one suggested that it might help the PR sponsoring for my wife and daughter.

Also, i am planning to start the PR processing for my wife and daughter, once i find a job in Canada. I am hoping that, i will get a job in a month or two after i reach Canada.

Will the Bank account, Credit Card and filing the taxes for the year 2013, and having a job in hand be sufficient as proofs?

Just Curious to know.

Thanks again,
Sridhar.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Having a job in hand will definitely be good proof.

Some people in your situation also send proof of looking for a job (if they don't have one), proof of looking for a place to live (such as emails with a real estate agent, discussing concrete dates and prices and locations), proof of enrolling in university or some school (if that applies). Generally, the more proof the better.

Do you plan on moving back to Canada in two months without your wife and baby? Or will you stay with your family until their PR comes through? If you are moving back first, it will be easier - after you have moved, you could send them proof of your new address and job.

sridhar249

Oct 7, 2014
Yes, i will be moving first to Canada, will find a job, and then only will start the processing.

Thanks Kayaker. I am a lot relieved now after hearing your comments :)