+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email, text message

serina1718

Jul 14, 2018
Hi,
According to checklist, only couples who don’t live together are required to provide documents like emails, text messages and visits. so for inland application, does that mean it's no need to provide documents like emails, text messages, and visit, etc. but how does visa officer get to know the communication between sponsor and applicant before marriage, seems they just want to see the evidence after marriage, like joint ownership, joint account, etc. Is it ok to provide emails, text messages anyway? Thanks.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
For outland sponsorship, Sponsor and PA are not living together....hence prior communication between sponsor and applicant before marriage, documents like emails, text messages and visits is necessary to help prove relationship between Sponsor and PA.

For inland sponsorship, both Sponsor and PA are required to be living together in Canada....hence in the checklist, you are required to provide documents like joint ownership, joint account, etc. to prove Sponsor and PA are living together in Canada as couples......the prior communication between sponsor and applicant before marriage is of less emphasis if you could provide proof Sponsor and PA are living together in Canada as couples.

Although not mandatory for inland sponsorship, however, there is no problem if you decide to include documents like emails, text messages and visits in your inland sponsorship as it help support your application.

Reactions: serina1718

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
You must satisfy all the conditions on the checklist in order to avoid sending more proofs of relationship: that you have been married at least 2 years, that you reside together, that you have at least one child together, and that it is your first marriage (7a-7d on the checklist). Otherwise you will need to submit the photos and proofs of relationship as requested in 7e in the checklist.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
According to checklist, only couples who don’t live together are required to provide documents like emails, text messages and visits. so for inland application, does that mean it's no need to provide documents like emails, text messages, and visit, etc. but how does visa officer get to know the communication between sponsor and applicant before marriage, seems they just want to see the evidence after marriage, like joint ownership, joint account, etc. Is it ok to provide emails, text messages anyway? Thanks.
Hi

Only provide what is asked for. The communication proofs are not required.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
For outland sponsorship, Sponsor and PA are not living together....hence prior communication between sponsor and applicant before marriage, documents like emails, text messages and visits is necessary to help prove relationship between Sponsor and PA.

For inland sponsorship, both Sponsor and PA are required to be living together in Canada....hence in the checklist, you are required to provide documents like joint ownership, joint account, etc. to prove Sponsor and PA are living together in Canada as couples......the prior communication between sponsor and applicant before marriage is of less emphasis if you could provide proof Sponsor and PA are living together in Canada as couples.

Although not mandatory for inland sponsorship, however, there is no problem if you decide to include documents like emails, text messages and visits in your inland sponsorship as it help support your application.
Checklist #7 states you can only provide maximum of 10 pages with your application of communication between sponsor and my applicant. How does this make sense? How is the agent going to know if we telling the truth with only 10 pages. My text messages alone is like 100 pages now. All my phone call history is like 20 pages. I'm about to visit my wife about the 5th time now and we been married for almost two years now. Seen her aleast once every year. So I got pretty good proof before and after marriage. Just don't understand why is there dramatic change in the checklist. Do they just want less paper work to deal with now?

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Checklist #7 states you can only provide maximum of 10 pages with your application of communication between sponsor and my applicant. How does this make sense? How is the agent going to know if we telling the truth with only 10 pages. My text messages alone is like 100 pages now. All my phone call history is like 20 pages. I'm about to visit my wife about the 5th time now and we been married for almost two years now. Seen her aleast once every year. So I got pretty good proof before and after marriage. Just don't understand why is there dramatic change in the checklist. Do they just want less paper work to deal with now?
Yes, they just had enough with dealing with hundreds of photos and emails that each applicant was sending having to go through all those piles of paper. that’s why it’s only maximum 20 photos and 10 pages of communication proof now. Just follow the checklist and do your best to pick the best pictures and pages that reflect your relationship the best.

We only submitted 20 photos but wrote on the envelope that we additionally have 5000+ pictures of us together from different years and places and they are available upon request.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
As said above, they got tired of getting boxes with hundreds of pages of people's texts/chats. Communication proofs are only supplementary, meant to build on the primary relationship proofs.

Reactions: Ukrainian girl

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Yes, they just had enough with dealing with hundreds of photos and emails that each applicant was sending having to go through all those piles of paper. that’s why it’s only maximum 20 photos and 10 pages of communication proof now. Just follow the checklist and do your best to pick the best pictures and pages that reflect your relationship the best.

We only submitted 20 photos but wrote on the envelope that we additionally have 5000+ pictures of us together from different years and places and they are available upon request.
thank you, that is actually more useful. So I'll need to keep several or all the text and pictures just incase. Last night I just selected two pages from the two years since marriage, call logs from freedom mobile and probably a letter my wife is sending to me for my birthday lol time span of 2016 to 2018. Really cut my work to more than half.

Reactions: Ukrainian girl