+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email notification without update in myCIC

Abiy

Feb 20, 2016
Hello guys,

I have applied for study permit online on Feb.17 after one and two days I have received email notification which says "Your application has been updated" but there was no update in myCIC account.

What should I do to, has any body experienced the same thing.

I am worried that my application may be delayed.

Please help...

mymostcreativename

Jan 26, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 Dec 2015, refused 26 Jan 2016, reapplied 11 Feb 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26 Oct 2015
Abiy said:
Hello guys,

I have applied for study permit online on Feb.17 after one and two days I have received email notification which says "Your application has been updated" but there was no update in myCIC account.

What should I do to, has any body experienced the same thing.

I am worried that my application may be delayed.

Please help...

Hi! I received the same email notification and found no update in my CIC account as well (actually got them about 5x in my first application). I call them a CIC "glitch". I've asked around in other forums and found out that I am not alone in this. During my first application, I even received an email about a notification the day after I received my refusal (of course, it was nothing). Some have suggested that it means a Visa Officer is poking around your application or having a look at your documents. It is absolutely nothing to be worried about. It will not cause a delay in your visa approval. You can check the website for processing times as they have changed some of it (Philippines used to be 7 weeks, now it's 9 weeks). Good luck!

Abiy

Feb 20, 2016
Hi friend,

Thank you so much for ur response it was quite comforting ;D. I am actually applying outside of my home country(Ethiopia) in South Korea. The application processing time for South Korea is like one week. The other thing that I was thinking is that, if my application is successful what will be the next step? when are they going to put the visa in my passport?

mymostcreativename

Jan 26, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26 Oct 2015
Abiy said:
Hi friend,

Thank you so much for ur response it was quite comforting ;D. I am actually applying outside of my home country(Ethiopia) in South Korea. The application processing time for South Korea is like one week. The other thing that I was thinking is that, if my application is successful what will be the next step? when are they going to put the visa in my passport?
You are very much welcome. I am not sure of how the process is for South Korea but in Philippines, a passport request follows an approved application (you have to submit your passport to them by mail or in person) and they return it (also by mail or to be picked up) after a few days. Instructions are given once visa is approved. Good luck, my friend!

Farko

Jan 26, 2016
I got a mail last week saying "your application has been updated,then I also signed in nothing was there (mycic account).

Application was submitted 13dec,
Got medical request Jan 8
Updated as passed Jan 13th
I applied from Nigeria

Abiy

Feb 20, 2016
Thank you very much friends for all. Actually my myCIC account was later updated after two days of receiving the empty notifications.

Abiy

Feb 20, 2016
Re: Visa approval and passport submission

If my application at MyCIC gets approved and my visa is issued, how fast should I submit my passport. Can I extend the time for submitting my passport to get the Visa?

mymostcreativename

Jan 26, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26 Oct 2015
Re: Visa approval and passport submission

Abiy said:
If my application at MyCIC gets approved and my visa is issued, how fast should I submit my passport. Can I extend the time for submitting my passport to get the Visa?
I have seen people who submitted their passports a month after their passport request following a visa approval, and people who submitted the day they received the instructions. For my country, they return the passport in 3-5 days after submission. Hope it helps. Good luck!