+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from IRCC - Does anyone know what this means?

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
hey everyone, i got this email from IRCC - However, i am not in the US/Canada at this point. And nor did i receive any call or email apart from this from IRCC. did anyone else receive this kind of email?

______

Dear xxxxx xxxxx ,

Please note that an IRCC officer has been trying to contact you to validate information regarding your PR application.

Please respond to the following questions:

1. Are you and xxxx, xxxxx, xxxxxx, xxxxxx presently inside Canada or United states ?

a. If yes, please provide your full residential address:

Thank you,

FS1xxxx

Immigration officer, Domestic Network
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
What is the full email address of the sender? I think most of IRCC's emails are from the "cic.gc.ca" domain. Additionally, you should call IRCC to confirm if the email is legit.

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Hmm, looks to me like it might be just be asking you to clarify your current residential situation! :)

Remember to answer all IRCC questions truthfully.

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Its from IRCCs domain and is legit.
Well then, you have to reply to them and provide the details that they requested. Based on what I've seen, these questions are usually asked when IRCC wants to issue the COPR because they want to make sure you are physically present in Canada. That said, you haven't shared any details about your application so I might be wrong.

Reactions: SUVApplicant