+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC

AndySevaMac

Jun 27, 2015
Hello everyone,

I'm new in this forum, need some help.

I sent my application for citizenship in April 29, I received an email from CIC on June 15. There is my PR card number and an application number in the email, and a PDF file is attached with the email. They have not put my name anywhere in the email... The PDF file says (This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required.)

Does that email mean that my application has been accepted by CIC? Can CIC return my application after this email? I filled the application my self and I was not sure about some parts of the application that's why I'm worried CIC may return my application, then I will have to wait two more years to apply again...

Your help is appreciated.

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No it will not be returned, your application is complete. If you download the PDF and open it outside ur email, u will be able to see ur name and address etc..

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
AndySevaMac said:
Hello everyone,

I sent my application for citizenship in April 29, I received an email from CIC on June 15. There is my PR card number and an application number in the email, and a PDF file is attached with the email. They have not put my name anywhere in the email... The PDF file says (This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required.)

Does that email mean that my application has been accepted by CIC? Can CIC return my application after this email? I filled the application my self and I was not sure about some parts of the application that's why I'm worried CIC may return my application, then I will have to wait two more years to apply again...

Your application has been accepted and won't be returned. It is called as acknowledgement of Receipt.
However, please remember CIC may ask your additional documents in future anytime during the processing of the application.

Also that's not the pr card number. It is the client ID number that is printed on the PR card. PR card number is printed on the back of the PR card.
Client ID is in the 8 digit format xxxx-xxxx printed at the front of the PR card.
PR card number is printed on the back of the PR card usually starting with letter "P"
Usually the name is printed in the PDF file on top left corner
Good luck!

troll2

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
AndySevaMac said:
Hello everyone,

Since you are new to this forums you probably don't know that now your ECAS is active and you can start checking your application status on line under CIC On-Line Services.
Have a fun and congrats on AOR.

AndySevaMac

Jun 27, 2015
Thanks for the replies.

I see my online file is active, I can check it online now, it says:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 4, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 15, 2015.

I'm very sure there is a gap in the section which is about work and education, the gap is 6 months, I forgot to write what I have done during that time...

Can they return the application after the Email & Ecas activation? If they started processing my application and then see the gap, can they return the application then?

Thank you.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AndySevaMac said:
Thanks for the replies.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 4, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 15, 2015.

I'm very sure there is a gap in the section which is about work and education, the gap is 6 months, I forgot to write what I have done during that time...

Can they return the application after the Email & Ecas activation? If they started processing my application and then see the gap, can they return the application then?

Thank you.
There is no way from now on the return of your application to happen, if they have a question about your gap, then they can sent you additional request for more information later on.

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
AndySevaMac said:
Thanks for the replies.

Thank you.
As other mentioned, they will not return your application since they already sent you the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) email. If they require further information, they will request you for it, bu they will not return the application.

troll2

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
AndySevaMac said:
Thanks for the replies.

Thank you.
For the first time you probably will hear about your gap at the interview. Depending on your travel history and work pattern it could be as easy as short question from officer up to full RQ. As always, simple error like that could have unpredictable outcome.

akhanzada

Oct 17, 2017
I have the same question, specially with AndySevaMac... I applied for Citizenship but few days later realised that I forgot to mention dates they require my employment and residency prior to my arrival in Canada, I have not mentioned about 6 months prior to my landing yet today I just received my AOR and my ecas is active. I would like to know your experience and would also like to know if someone had the same issue and the application still got returned after receiving AOR

akhanzada

Oct 17, 2017
Thanks for the replies.

Thank you.
I would like to know what happened in your case, I am In the same boat