+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC: Ready for Visa. However, no updates in MyCIC.

karan-91

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received an email from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca that asks me to send in my passport.

It reads:

Dear ____,
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email and include the details of your situation.
However, in MyCIC, I see:

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
A final decision has been reached Not Started

Am I missing something?

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
karan-91 said:
I just received an email from CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca that asks me to send in my passport.

It reads:

Am I missing something?
hey congrats. which is your category? I think status in myCIC will be updated later only.

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
karan-91 said:
I just received an email from CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca that asks me to send in my passport.

It reads:

Am I missing something?
'

Cangrats!!! I think many people are receiving PPR by email lately without any update in my cic. You can just follow the email instructions.

Are CEC OR FSW? Inland or outland?

indianaspirant

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
AOR Received.
03-08-2015
karan-91 said:

It reads:

Am I missing something?
hi Karan-91 congratulations, if you are an outlander you need to email them to change your VO or if inland then go ahead and do as instructed, good luck...you can celebrate now

Rbh89

Jun 12, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I received the following 'Request Letter' on Sept 2nd, and accordingly the next day, I sent my original passport and other documents via the local VFS office:

Your application has reached the final stage of processing. You must now complete the following actions within 30 days of the date of this correspondence so that your permanent resident visa(s) can be issued.
1. Submit the documents listed below to our office in Abu Dhabi (not to our London office), according to the instructions in Appendix C. All documents for you and your accompanying family members must be submitted together in one package.
a. Your passport and a passport for each accompanying family member. (Do not submit passports for accompanying family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship because they will have to travel on their Canadian passports.)
b. The Updated Information Chart in Appendix A fully completed for you and each accompanying family member.
c. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications as detailed in Appendix B.
d. Please also include a copy of this correspondence with your submission.

However, MyCIC status is as per the below:

Review of submitted documents we need an additional document from the applicant

I am very worried due to the fact the status in relation to needing an additional document from me! Was it supposed to upload a copy of the passport to MyCIC as well? The 'Request Letter' mentioned nothing about that! and now my passport is, according to VFS tracker, at Canada Visa Office in Abu Dhabi!! I only have a scan of the first page of my passport so I cannot upload only that to MyCIC.

Any Advice?

Thanks in advance.

indianaspirant

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
AOR Received.
03-08-2015
You can call Abu Dhabi high commission of canada and inquire about your passport reaching safely as well as about whether any other action is required or not

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
Rbh89 said:
Hi Everyone,

I received the following 'Request Letter' on Sept 2nd, and accordingly the next day, I sent my original passport and other documents via the local VFS office:

Your application has reached the final stage of processing. You must now complete the following actions within 30 days of the date of this correspondence so that your permanent resident visa(s) can be issued.
1. Submit the documents listed below to our office in Abu Dhabi (not to our London office), according to the instructions in Appendix C. All documents for you and your accompanying family members must be submitted together in one package.
a. Your passport and a passport for each accompanying family member. (Do not submit passports for accompanying family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship because they will have to travel on their Canadian passports.)
b. The Updated Information Chart in Appendix A fully completed for you and each accompanying family member.
c. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications as detailed in Appendix B.
d. Please also include a copy of this correspondence with your submission.

However, MyCIC status is as per the below:

Review of submitted documents we need an additional document from the applicant

I am very worried due to the fact the status in relation to needing an additional document from me! Was it supposed to upload a copy of the passport to MyCIC as well? The 'Request Letter' mentioned nothing about that! and now my passport is, according to VFS tracker, at Canada Visa Office in Abu Dhabi!! I only have a scan of the first page of my passport so I cannot upload only that to MyCIC.

Any Advice?

Thanks in advance.
Looks like software glitch don't worry. You sent the letter also and if VFS accepted your application then you are fine.

ali.syed027

Mar 1, 2016
Hi Karan,

I have also received an email from CIC canada who have asked me to send the documents in 30days.

I really need your advise if I need to fill in the IMM5524E (Application for a Travel Document) ? I am confused as most of the points in the travel document do not apply to me.

Please advise as i have only 20 days left to submit my documents.

Regards
Syed

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ali.syed027 said:
Hi Karan,

I have also received an email from CIC canada who have asked me to send the documents in 30days.

I really need your advise if I need to fill in the IMM5524E (Application for a Travel Document) ? I am confused as most of the points in the travel document do not apply to me.

Please advise as i have only 20 days left to submit my documents.

Regards
Syed
No. Just follow the instructions given in that email.