+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC but no update Online????

swethamohanvamsi

Jun 24, 2014
Today morning i received an email from CIC saying that my application has been updated and to check the application account messages.

But no update on VFS tracking system or online account.

What could be the possible time that i can get an update.. will that be a bad news for me coz its just been 16 days since i applied for visa from Abudhabi VO.

Please help if anyone has faced the similar situation..

jav98

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Bengaluru, India (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2016
Med's Done....
01-07-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
31-08-2016
You will have to wait. It just means your application was opened for processing but you will receive a couple of 'updated' emails before getting any decision.

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
swethamohanvamsi said:
Today morning i received an email from CIC saying that my application has been updated and to check the application account messages.

What could be the possible time that i can get an update.. will that be a bad news for me coz its just been 16 days since i applied for visa from Abudhabi VO.

I have been faced with similar situations several times. Its a good thing. An email update means that your application is moving. Just that none of the components are yet ready to be updated on the MYCIC account.

For example, if a case officer starts going through your file, it will send an update notification, but will not have an actual update on the account.

If a case officer thinks that all the documents are in order and sends it for the medical test or sends it for a decision making process or security check, you will be sent an email, but not changes will be seen on the account.

Don't worry and don't lose hope. All of us are either in the same boat as you are have been in the same boat as you. Best of Luck!

Hope this helps!

fairlytuff

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Visa Office......
LA visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 July 2016
Doc's Request.
26 august 2016
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
6 september 2016
jav98 said:
You will have to wait. It just means your application was opened for processing but you will receive a couple of 'updated' emails before getting any decision.
I applied for study permit on 12 july 2016, There was no update , But yesterday the status showed updated, and after few hours it again changed to submitted. I am a little confused with this.
I did not receive any email from CIC.
Please Help.

fairlytuff

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Visa Office......
LA visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 July 2016
Doc's Request.
26 august 2016
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
6 september 2016
enywmara said:
I have been faced with similar situations several times. Its a good thing. An email update means that your application is moving. Just that none of the components are yet ready to be updated on the MYCIC account.

For example, if a case officer starts going through your file, it will send an update notification, but will not have an actual update on the account.

If a case officer thinks that all the documents are in order and sends it for the medical test or sends it for a decision making process or security check, you will be sent an email, but not changes will be seen on the account.

Don't worry and don't lose hope. All of us are either in the same boat as you are have been in the same boat as you. Best of Luck!

Hope this helps!

I applied for study permit on 12 july 2016, There was no update , But yesterday the status showed updated, and after few hours it again changed to submitted. I am a little confused with this.
Please Help. :(

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
fairlytuff said:
Please Help. :(
Same case for you. Its either shown updated on the MYCIC account and when you click to get in it goes back to submitted status. Or you receive blank e-mails. Don't worry.

fairlytuff

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Visa Office......
LA visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 July 2016
Doc's Request.
26 august 2016
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
6 september 2016
enywmara said:
Same case for you. Its either shown updated on the MYCIC account and when you click to get in it goes back to submitted status. Or you receive blank e-mails. Don't worry.
Thank you for your reply. Does this mean that my application is under processing?

Thanks once again

fairlytuff

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Visa Office......
LA visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 July 2016
Doc's Request.
26 august 2016
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
6 september 2016
enywmara said:
When Can I expect the request for passport? Sad
My classes begin from 6 september
Thank you

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
fairlytuff said:
When Can I expect the request for passport? Sad
My classes begin from 6 september
Thank you
That I cannot say for sure my friend. It all depends on your country of application and the normal processing time in your region. Which country did you apply from and which VFS did you give your biometric in?

fairlytuff

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Visa Office......
LA visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 July 2016
Doc's Request.
26 august 2016
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
6 september 2016
enywmara said:
That I cannot say for sure my friend. It all depends on your country of application and the normal processing time in your region. Which country did you apply from and which VFS did you give your biometric in?
I am an Indian citizen but applied from United States. The normal processing time was 4 weeks and I applied on 12th July. Biometrics were not required in my case.

Jun 9, 2018

Its always take 24 hrs to update your file