+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligible To Apply FST Program

PRDream

May 2, 2016
Hi All,

Could you pls help to check whether I eligibility for EE-FST:

I am 42 years old, my wife 37 years old and have IELTS overall score around 6
I have experience about 5 years part time job for Chef & Cook in a restaurant in my home country ( I do Chef & Cook because I love to do it) I also have another full time job having experience more than 10 years
I only have short certificate for cooking what can not use for WES assessment but my full time job is eligibility for WES assessment equivalent bachelor 4 years Canadian ( I have not enough 67/100 for the FSW)
My IELTS score: 1st: L5.5, R5.0, W5.5, S6.5, 2nd: L5.5, R5.0, W5.5, S5.5
I have got visitor visa and visited Canada in last Jan'16, I have a Canadian friend they are owner of Vietnamese restaurant and want to recruit me to his restaurant and willing to do LMIA for my job, he does not know he can get LMIA but he will support to do.

With above my condition Do I have enough score to process EE-FST for PR?

Could you pls also advise which preferable position I should use to do LMIA as I know my job falling under NOC code: 6321 or 6322.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
PRDream said:
Hi All,

Could you pls help to check whether I eligibility for EE-FST:

I am 42 years old, my wife 37 years old and have IELTS overall score around 6
I have experience about 5 years part time job for Chef & Cook in a restaurant in my home country ( I do Chef & Cook because I love to do it) I also have another full time job having experience more than 10 years
I only have short certificate for cooking what can not use for WES assessment but my full time job is eligibility for WES assessment equivalent bachelor 4 years Canadian ( I have not enough 67/100 for the FSW)
My IELTS score: 1st: L5.5, R5.0, W5.5, S6.5, 2nd: L5.5, R5.0, W5.5, S5.5
I have got visitor visa and visited Canada in last Jan'16, I have a Canadian friend they are owner of Vietnamese restaurant and want to recruit me to his restaurant and willing to do LMIA for my job, he does not know he can get LMIA but he will support to do.

With above my condition Do I have enough score to process EE-FST for PR?

Could you pls also advise which preferable position I should use to do LMIA as I know my job falling under NOC code: 6321 or 6322.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Based on the information that you have mentioed, it looks like that you meet the requirements listed here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/trades/apply-who.asp

Work Experience

- It seems you have part-time work experience for 5 years in a skilled trade (6321 or 6322) in the last 5 years. Since your work is part-time, it works out to be 2 years 6 months for you, which meets the minimum requirement of 2 years.

Education
- There is no education requirement for the Federal Skilled Trades Program.

Language Ability
- You need to meet CLB 5 for Speaking & Listening and CLB 4 for Reading and Writing. With your score of SLRW - 6.5, 5.5, 5.0 and 5.5, you meet this requirement as well.

LMIA Job Offer
- If it is LMIA based job offer, then you get 600 points for this job offer.

Based on the above, I have calculated your score and it comes to 671. Since you meet the requirement and if you will have an LMIA, with a score of 671, you will be able to get an ITA. But, first you need to get the LMIA done.

You can calculate your score using this calculator http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp