+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligible to apply for PR under FSW or not under Arranged Employment

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Everyone

I am trying to asses my eligibility for Federal Skilled worker program under arranged employment option.

I entered Canada on a student visa and right now on 3 year pgwp. I did 2 years education in Canada with one year co-op in the NOC 2282. I got a permanent job offer from a company (NOC 2282) just like a regular permanent job offer in a way that I applied for the job, went through one phone interview and three in-person interviews with no mention of FSW to the company. Now when I have got the offer, I am beginning to think if I can apply for the FSW under the arranged employment program because I don't want to wait until for CEC for now if I have an option. If yes, what documents do I need from the company to be able to apply for FSW?

The place where I have a problem is that the company already hired me on a permanent basis, so now I am confused about CIC's wording which says "the employer agrees to hire you permanently when given a PR status"

I calculated my points on CIC and I end up with 81 which I think is good.

If you guys can help me on this one, I would appreciate the effort.

Thanks.

Deep

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Deep

CEC is specifically designed for people in your situation, but of course as you said you will have to wait to apply under it. For applying under FSW you will need a AEO from your company which is based on positive Labour Market Onion (LMO). If your employer agrees to obtain a Arranged Employment Opinion from HRSDC then you would be eligible to apply

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Ankit

Thanks for the reply.

The CIC's website says
" Depending on your circumstances, the requirements for a valid offer of employment are different.

If you are currently working in Canada:
your current employer must have made an offer to give you a permanent job if you are accepted as a federal skilled worker, and
your temporary work permit must be valid both when you apply for a permanent resident visa and when the visa is issued.
In addition:

your work permit must have been issued by CIC based on a positive labour market opinion from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) or
you must be in a category that is exempt from an Arranged Employment Opinion – for example, you are currently working in Canada in a job that is exempt from the labour market opinion requirement under an international agreement (e.g. North America Free Trade Agreement) or a significant benefit category (e.g. intra-company transferee)."

Is not PGWP exempted from LMO and Arranged Employment opinion?

and in the first part also it says that the your employer made an offer to give you permanent job if accepted, as I am already accepted for the job now my question is whether I can still apply?

CIC's website says this:

"If recruiting a Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) already in Canada: With some exceptions (e.g., when the job offer is issued by a different employer than on the TFW’s existing work permit), most TFWs who are already in Canada can submit their FSW application (with a qualifying job offer) directly to CIC for consideration. In such cases, a separate application does not need to be made to HRSDC for an AEO."

What do you guys say now?

not sure

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dbss said:
Hi Everyone

I am trying to asses my eligibility for Federal Skilled worker program under arranged employment option.

I entered Canada on a student visa and right now on 3 year pgwp. I did 2 years education in Canada with one year co-op in the NOC 2282. I got a permanent job offer from a company (NOC 2282) just like a regular permanent job offer in a way that I applied for the job, went through one phone interview and three in-person interviews with no mention of FSW to the company. Now when I have got the offer, I am beginning to think if I can apply for the FSW under the arranged employment program because I don't want to wait until for CEC for now if I have an option. If yes, what documents do I need from the company to be able to apply for FSW?

The place where I have a problem is that the company already hired me on a permanent basis, so now I am confused about CIC's wording which says "the employer agrees to hire you permanently when given a PR status"

It just a letter from employer that they will continue to employ you after your PR its called Employment Conformation.
"It should not be a problem to get the letter as u have 3 yrs permit and PR these days takes 12 months if all docs in place "

I calculated my points on CIC and I end up with 81 which I think is good.

If you guys can help me on this one, I would appreciate the effort.

Thanks.

Deep

It just a letter from employer that they will continue to employ you after your PR its called Employment Conformation.
"It should not be a problem to get the letter as u have 3 yrs permit and PR these days takes 12 months if all docs in place "

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi

Thanks for the input man.

So I think from the way things are going on, I should be able to apply for FSW. Another question I have now is that I am on a probation for three months until end of November. Do you guys think the company will give me a letter before that time and how should I approach the HR so that they don't freak out thinking they would have to go for LMO etc or they are not triggering a labour dispute?

Also, from my previous work place should I get a letter from the HR or the head of the department about my work done ?

I am on a very tight deadline here man...

intellectgyani

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Hello DBSS

Did you finally apply for your PR under FSWP under arranged employment and was a LMO required? I am almost in the same situation and will appreciate your input.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
intellectgyani said:
Hello DBSS

Did you finally apply for your PR under FSWP under arranged employment and was a LMO required? I am almost in the same situation and will appreciate your input.
yes you can..

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
intellectgyani said:
Thank you for your reply. But Can you please specifically tell me if a LMO or AEO was required?
Not at that point of time...not sure now..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

intellectgyani said:
Thank you for your reply. But Can you please specifically tell me if a LMO or AEO was required?
As of 04/05/13 you need a specific LMO to apply under FSW2. AEOs are no more. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp?expand=arranged#arranged and read #2 Arranged employment.