+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligible to apply for citizenship?

worriedanxious007

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
The eligibility calculator says I am eligible, and a person can be out longer than six months in a year. It just depends on how many days overall in last 6 years.

era1521 said:
What has to do vacation compensation with citizenship? Sorry, i got lost here.
Anyway, getting back to initial question:

If I understand right, since 2012 you have resided only one year in Canada and currently you are out of Canada. If so, you not qualify as the Citizenship requirement is to reside 6 mts each calendar year.
If I was you I would worry of maintaining PR status, unless you accompanied a Canadian citizen abroad or working for Canadian government.

worriedanxious007

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Yes I think the same way. How much of our lives will be devoted to work!!

on-hold said:
Where I work, employees get 3 weeks vacation the first year and managers 4. The problem is that the first job you get is rarely your permanent one -- after you land here, it'll take a while to figure out what the best situation for you is and then more time to get into it. So you take a job that's not ideal, spend a few months there, and likely don't get too much vacation -- you're new, it doesn't pay well, you're busy finding something better. Then when you find something better, you start off new again; you work for a while before taking a vacation. When I finally managed to get settled in Canada it was through this sequence:

- 7 month contract job
- 3 month terrible job
- 13 month maternity leave job, ideal
- hired on permanently at maternity leave job, received vacation pay
- couldn't take vacation owing to personnel situation
- had a kid of my own, took 3 months of paternity leave after being permanent for 6 months.

The guy above is right, the older I get the more I'm aware of the amount of time I spend at work . . .

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
worriedanxious007 said:
The eligibility calculator says I am eligible, and a person can be out longer than six months in a year. It just depends on how many days overall in last 6 years.
then whats the argue here?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
worriedanxious007 said:
Don't forget that under the new rules there is another additional requirement , that you must have been in Canada minimum 6 months in 4 years within the last 6 years. This 4 years doesn't have to be consecutive.