+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligible sponsor

Joe2013

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
HI everyone,

may someone clarify for me.

If who I've sponsored (my wife and son) has been asked by Cic to undergo medical exam does it mean myself (the sponsor) is eligible to sponsor?

I hope the question is clear, is a very simple one but I couldn't find answers googling it.

Best,

J.

Feb 28, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
File Transfer...
13-10-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
24-02-2016
Joe2013 said:
HI everyone,

If who I've sponsored (my wife and son) has been asked by Cic to undergo medical exam does it mean myself (the sponsor) is eligible to sponsor?

I hope the question is clear, is a very simple one but I couldn't find answers googling it.

Best,

J.
The answer should be yes. If you are not eligible to be a sponsor, your application will not be able to go to next step.
Then you will get a letter or e-mail tell you are not eligible for sponsor.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joe2013 said:
HI everyone,

Best,

J.
That depends on one factor :
when you filled up your appliacation to sponsor your family CIC gave you a choice to withdraw your application if you were found not eligible .
Did you chose withdraw or Continue ? moreover you should have received a letter indicating that your were found eligible as a sponsor .

Joe2013

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
I've received a letter that they received the application. And I remember but I can't find the page, where after sponsor assessment they would ask for medical.