+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibilty interview

yakuza93

May 26, 2023
Hi guys,

I made my claim at an inland office on September 22, completed a medical exam and I have not received an invite to give my passport, get the brown paper or a work permit more than 8 months later. I do not know what should I do at this point, it is extremely hard to contact IRCC. Any advice here please? Are there people here dealing with such long wait times for eligibility interview and work permit?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,

I made my claim at an inland office on September 22, completed a medical exam and I have not received an invite to give my passport, get the brown paper or a work permit more than 8 months later. I do not know what should I do at this point, it is extremely hard to contact IRCC. Any advice here please? Are there people here dealing with such long wait times for eligibility interview and work permit?

Thanks
Unfortunately there's not much you can do but wait. Some here have waited for over a year. So your processing times are not unusual.

Good luck and hope you hear something soon.

Reactions: yakuza93

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

Thanks
Have you remained in the same location since you claimed asylum? If you have moved then update your address. Some locations in Canada have faster processing times. Quebec and Ontario have the slowest times because they have received the majority of asylum claimants.

yakuza93

May 26, 2023
Have you remained in the same location since you claimed asylum? If you have moved then update your address. Some locations in Canada have faster processing times. Quebec and Ontario have the slowest times because they have received the majority of asylum claimants.
Thank you for your response. I am in Ontario but my application is being processed at an office in BC. I thought I would have had my eligibility interview by now 8 months later but nothing is happening.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you for your response. I am in Ontario but my application is being processed at an office in BC. I thought I would have had my eligibility interview by now 8 months later but nothing is happening.
The question was "Have you remained in the same location since you claimed asylum?"

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Processing through BC is just for paperwork. You still need to have the eligibility interview in Ontario where there are long waits due to the number of applicants.

Reactions: yakuza93

ist

Oct 23, 2023
Hi guys,

Thanks

ist

Oct 23, 2023
Hey there, hope this finds you well. I am new here and experienced a long waiting time for the eligibility interview. Did you finally do yours?

Thanks

SpiritualWonderWomen

Star Member
Mar 16, 2022
Hey there, hope this finds you well. I am new here and experienced a long waiting time for the eligibility interview. Did you finally do yours?

Thanks
Are you in Toronto ? I am waiting for eligibility interview since November 2023. No news yet and no work permit. What is your timeline ?

ist

Oct 23, 2023
I’m in Calgary, i did medicals in October .since then I have not yet gotten my eligibility interview yet.

yakuza93

May 26, 2023

Thanks
I got mine almost 9 months after my medicals. I heard wait times are shorter now for WP but some people still wait 3-4 months to get theirs. Hopefully you will get yours soon. Good luck!