+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility

Rosesweets123

May 18, 2022
Hello
Anyone know how long does it take for ircc to check principal applicant eligiblity and background check? And what does the eligibility consist of? My husband already got his csq of Québec. He did his medicals … Awaiting for eligibility and background check
Thanks

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hello
Anyone know how long does it take for ircc to check principal applicant eligiblity and background check? And what does the eligibility consist of? My husband already got his csq of Québec. He did his medicals … Awaiting for eligibility and background check
Thanks
With the backlogs it's anywhere from 1 month to sometimes 1 year.

Reactions: Rosesweets123

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Hello
Thanks
If you are talking about the Eligibility status in GCKey, it will stay "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" until the status decision made is changed to yes. For background check, the RCMP, information sharing, and CBSA check normally takes from 1 week to 3 months. The CSIS part is done in parallel and takes roughly 3-4 months to complete. If they have a person of interest that is similar to the PA, or if they decide to do a random deep background check, it can take up to 1 year.

Reactions: Rosesweets123

Rosesweets123

May 18, 2022
If you are talking about the Eligibility status in GCKey, it will stay "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" until the status decision made is changed to yes. For background check, the RCMP, information sharing, and CBSA check normally takes from 1 week to 3 months. The CSIS part is done in parallel and takes roughly 3-4 months to complete. If they have a person of interest that is similar to the PA, or if they decide to do a random deep background check, it can take up to 1 year.
Thank you so much

Rosesweets123

May 18, 2022
my husband’s application has exceeded the current normal processing time. We are going to 19th month next month. I applied in July 2021. I contacted my local MP for help he stated that my husband’s criminality is in progress. Security not started and same for Eligibility.The IRCC had asked me to send proof of birth certificate of my baby she was born in October 2022 which I sent. I was really hoping for him to be here soon but I can see that his background check hasn’t moved at all…. My Mp will call them in 2 weeks for follow up he did not close my file.