+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility status of the visitor application in IRCC portal vs. that of the IRCC account (GCKey)

Robotisict

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
My wife had applied for a visitor visa in IRCC account (GCKey) in May 2021. After the IRCC's announcement on the Sept. 7th, she also applied one through IRCC portal (https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/). They had informed that portal applications may receive answers between 14 to 30 working days (We are in the 18th day). Now, we just noted that the eligibility status in the two systems are different as follows.

In IRCC account:

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
In IRCC portal:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
These two statuses are clearly different. Does that mean that the eligibility in the IRCC portal application is truly started (so they are really processing the second application), or this is the default status of eligibility in this system once one submits an application?

Thanks.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife had applied for a visitor visa in IRCC account (GCKey) in May 2021. After the IRCC's announcement on the Sept. 7th, she also applied one through IRCC portal (https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/). They had informed that portal applications may receive answers between 14 to 30 working days (We are in the 18th day). Now, we just noted that the eligibility status in the two systems are different as follows.

In IRCC account:

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
In IRCC portal:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
These two statuses are clearly different. Does that mean that the eligibility in the IRCC portal application is truly started (so they are really processing the second application), or this is the default status of eligibility in this system once one submits an application?

Thanks.
Yes...the second one is being processed that's when status changes

Reactions: Robotisict

Rockologist

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
What exactly is the difference between the IRCC portal and the GCKey? I applied for a work permit online via GCKey, but had no status update for 6 weeks, flew up to apply at POE and withdraw my online application, only to find that there was an approval and the job offer couldn't be unmatched for a work permit without my POE, which still hasn't been issued. Status changed in GCKey the next day that they were reviewing my eligibility. Are there maybe delays in the information getting to GCKey?