+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility set to Failed in GCMS but application not rejected

kolasinac

Aug 17, 2017
I am a 12th September 2017 AOR. In my GCMS notes I can see that my Eligibility has been set to "Failed" due to an NOC mismatch since October. But my application hasn't been rejected yet and is still ongoing.

Have there been any cases like this before? Where eligibility was set to Failed and reversed/reviewed by an officer later? I am very worried because it's already been 7.5 months since AOR and despite eligibility being Failed my application is still processing preventing me from applying again.

My VO is Ottawa.

kolasinac

Aug 17, 2017
Any help, anyone? What's the longest time period after which you have seen an application being rejected?

Froggie1984

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Any help, anyone? What's the longest time period after which you have seen an application being rejected?
Never came across anything like that. Have you tried calling them to ask? Or write an email and say you saw this in your notes. Worth a go - even if the outcome isn't good, at least you'll know.
Also, it would be so cruel to reject you afyer such a long wait. If they are not happy wirh the NOC, they should clarify it with you, not simply reject.

kolasinac

Aug 17, 2017
Never came across anything like that. Have you tried calling them to ask? Or write an email and say you saw this in your notes. Worth a go - even if the outcome isn't good, at least you'll know.
Also, it would be so cruel to reject you afyer such a long wait. If they are not happy wirh the NOC, they should clarify it with you, not simply reject.
I have sent them mails and even called them. I'm told to "wait for the review" every time. And it's close to 8 months now. I already gave them an explanation but they haven't even looked at it yet.
All I dread is that they have kept me hanging for so long and will just reject it when they could have done it long ago and given me time to reapply.

Froggie1984

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
I have sent them mails and even called them. I'm told to "wait for the review" every time. And it's close to 8 months now. I already gave them an explanation but they haven't even looked at it yet.
All I dread is that they have kept me hanging for so long and will just reject it when they could have done it long ago and given me time to reapply.
Sorry to hear that. The lack of proper communication from CIC makes this wait even tougher.
I hope it's a good sign that they haven't rejected your application yet. I just think that as long as you can back up why you think this NOC is relevant to you then you can fight your case. Good luck, I hope it gets resolved soon.

Rajasr

Nov 20, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-05-2018
Med's Done....
18-05-2018
I am a 12th September 2017 AOR. In my GCMS notes I can see that my Eligibility has been set to "Failed" due to an NOC mismatch since October. But my application hasn't been rejected yet and is still ongoing.

Have there been any cases like this before? Where eligibility was set to Failed and reversed/reviewed by an officer later? I am very worried because it's already been 7.5 months since AOR and despite eligibility being Failed my application is still processing preventing me from applying again.

My VO is Ottawa.
Hi
I am having same issue, the latest review has been put ‘Eligibility - Not met (For Refusal)’
Did you have the same issue? And how did it play out?
Officer had remarked ‘It cannot be found I have performed any of the duties listed in the NOC’. This made my total experience 21 months, I have since sent the CSE with my apointment letter attachment listing my responsibilities. This verifies my experience at 40 months, would this help?
This seems to be a rare problem.

Datovid

Jul 8, 2018
Hi
I am having same issue, the latest review has been put ‘Eligibility - Not met (For Refusal)’
Did you have the same issue? And how did it play out?
Officer had remarked ‘It cannot be found I have performed any of the duties listed in the NOC’. This made my total experience 21 months, I have since sent the CSE with my apointment letter attachment listing my responsibilities. This verifies my experience at 40 months, would this help?
This seems to be a rare problem.
Did your intial LOE cintsin your duties?

Rajasr

Nov 20, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-05-2018
Med's Done....
18-05-2018
Did your intial LOE cintsin your duties?
Yes the duties were in an attached list along with letter of appointment.
But as I gave only appointment and experience letters for other employments, I did same for this.

Datovid

Jul 8, 2018
Yes the duties were in an attached list along with letter of appointment.
But as I gave only appointment and experience letters for other employments, I did same for this.
Did you choose a managerial NOC ?what was your noc code

Rajasr

Nov 20, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-05-2018
Med's Done....
18-05-2018
No the NOC for other job was accepted as the duties were listed in reference letter. The complications were for this job lets hope it will clear through. I see @kolasinac application was later accepted.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019

My VO is Ottawa.
Hey did your application finally come through?
I am in same boat as you....