Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-07-2020
Med's Done....
08-06-2020
Hello guys I got my gcms today. And my eligibility says REVIEW REQUIRED.can anyone please help what does this indicates and how long it will going to take to gwt a final decision as everything else in my file is passed. Also is there anything to be worried about ?

the_bong_chi

Dec 31, 2020
I am no expert with GCMS but if your GCKey portal shows,

Review of Eligibility as We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Then I believe GCMS is displaying the same info

As for how long it would take,
I am guessing you recently had your Medical updated
I have seen people waiting for final updates for over ~20 days to still waiting

If you are lucky you might get the final updates sooner

Laml_aml

Apr 20, 2020
Hello guys I got my gcms today. And my eligibility says REVIEW REQUIRED.can anyone please help what does this indicates and how long it will going to take to gwt a final decision as everything else in my file is passed. Also is there anything to be worried about ?
What's your timeline?

Laml_aml

Apr 20, 2020

Review of Eligibility as We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Is medical update a positive sign?

Satvik212

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-07-2020
Med's Done....
08-06-2020

not exactly. gcms gives a detailed explanation on what is going with ur file. so, yes my gc keys says the same but my gcms says review required which isnt a very good thing to be considered. they are scrutinizing my case. talking about medicals it was updated before 26 days yet no results.

abinj

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
But in onr thread, you said your eligibility is " recommend passed". Why did that change in gcms?

Satvik212

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-07-2020
Med's Done....
08-06-2020
I hope you know file process forward. It doesn't remain stuck over there. So from recommended pass it changed to Review Required.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
It's very rare to go back wards after a medical update, only saw two folks in that situation in this forum ( including you ).

Satvik212

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-07-2020
Med's Done....
08-06-2020
Are u talking about @Afza Akhil? If yes, We both are on the same boat. And having eligibility as Review Required doesn't mean it backtrack. It means my file was assessed by senior officer too and he is not sure with my decision and have requested a higher authority to assess my file.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Are u talking about @Afza Akhil? If yes, We both are on the same boat. And having eligibility as Review Required doesn't mean it backtrack. It means my file was assessed by senior officer too and he is not sure with my decision and have requested a higher authority to assess my file.
It's a neutral situation cannot say whether its positive or negative. Good luck !

Satvik212

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-07-2020
Med's Done....
08-06-2020
True,As id the officer wanted my file to be rejected he would have done on the day he added my eligibility as Review Required. As he haven't done this there is a chance the decision may fling in both way. The only thing i am worried is those with CEC express entey files and Work permit ones had their file on hold for so long pre covid it was 6months. I wish i am not one of them as my Medicals are already updated before 25days. Let's see what happens.

Reactions: Ironclad

Afza Akhil

Dec 20, 2017
.. I am not going to think about it too much... as we have done everything from our end.. if it has to happen well and good if not then move forward.. this is not the end of it ..!!! Let’s wait and watch.!!!