+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility Review Required

megh2010

Oct 21, 2019
Hi all,
I have an interesting situation here.
My file was first at Edmonton VO at which my Criminality was Passed.. but last week I got to know that my file transferred to the NDVO, the reason being my Eligibility went under Review Required.!
I applied as CEC. Me being Principal applicant (living in Canada) and my wife (living in India)
AOR Aug 4
MEP 27 Aug
First GU 21 NOV
Anyone with the same situation here.? and how long should this take now.!?
Thank you.!

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi all,
I have an interesting situation here.
My file was first at Edmonton VO at which my Criminality was Passed.. but last week I got to know that my file transferred to the NDVO, the reason being my Eligibility went under Review Required.!
I applied as CEC. Me being Principal applicant (living in Canada) and my wife (living in India)
AOR Aug 4
MEP 27 Aug
First GU 21 NOV
Anyone with the same situation here.? and how long should this take now.!?
Thank you.!
The transfer to NDVO could be for multiple reasons, including work re-distribution or to verify details related to your wife's eligibility. You should focus on resolving any potential issue with "Review Required" by submitting additional documents.

NDVO has been known to be very sporadic, slow, and difficult to communicate with and there are no defined timelines for "Review Required" cases. So, be prepared to wait and keep asking for notes on a regular basis (once in two months). If you do not see much movement in the next two months, you can contact your MP but since your file is at NDVO now not sure if that would help. All the best!

megh2010

Oct 21, 2019
Thank you for your response.!
But how can I send them any Additional Documents if I don't know the reason for Review Required? I have ordered GCMS notes on 16th Dec though.
Also, the only possible reason I am thinking for this is, my wife's Visitors Visa to Canada got rejected before we got married and I did mentioned about it in initial questionnaire. So in that case, what should I send as additional documents.?
Thank you for your help in advance.!

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Thank you for your response.!
But how can I send them any Additional Documents if I don't know the reason for Review Required? I have ordered GCMS notes on 16th Dec though.
Also, the only possible reason I am thinking for this is, my wife's Visitors Visa to Canada got rejected before we got married and I did mentioned about it in initial questionnaire. So in that case, what should I send as additional documents.?
Thank you for your help in advance.!
It would be premature to assume that the visa rejection is a reason for "Review Required." It would be best to review GCMS notes when you do receive them. Hopefully, you will get yours in January (it does take longer nowadays though). For additional documents, you should use the web form option: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.

You can upload PDFs after you fill in the initial details on the first page.

Reactions: megh2010

megh2010

Oct 21, 2019
So, the best thing to do for now would be to wait for GCMS, and resolve their concern through webform, correct?