+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility: Review Required

VedhaVyas

May 9, 2018
Hello There,

I am bit stressed out here, I applied my PR in CEC of Express Entry. Its been 6 months and I also ordered GCMS notes two months back, they mentioned Review required for one the job I shown in file

In CIC I still see below
Review of eligibility: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

I applied in the month of June 2018. Please let me know what would it lead to

Thanks,
Vedh

Reactions: jessy87

jessy87

Sep 18, 2018
Hello There,

I am bit stressed out here, I applied my PR in CEC of Express Entry. Its been 6 months and I also ordered GCMS notes two months back, they mentioned Review required for one the job I shown in file

In CIC I still see below
Review of eligibility: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

Thanks,
Vedh
I am in same situation.. eligibility review push your file back.. all you can do is just wait. I am also waiting for almost 7 months. do you have any idea why they want to review your job? like because of job duties or pay rate or something else?

rahver

Mar 23, 2014
Hi,
My GCMS note says CEC eligibility needs review due to job description not provided. Can I withdraw my application and re apply?

Thanks

donkykong

Jan 9, 2019
Hi,
My GCMS note says CEC eligibility needs review due to job description not provided. Can I withdraw my application and re apply?

Thanks
Can you get a job description with a new reference letter from your boss or HR? It’s better to do that and submit it via CSE. Search on this site for templates to make sure everything is covered as the format is quite specific. Your application should be approved if the new reference letter is OK.

rahver

Mar 23, 2014
Can you get a job description with a new reference letter from your boss or HR? It’s better to do that and submit it via CSE. Search on this site for templates to make sure everything is covered as the format is quite specific. Your application should be approved if the new reference letter is OK.
Hi..

Yes i have the new letter from HR and I have submitted through web form. Only issue is I am not sure for how long they will hold my application and if they reject it later then, i have to go fro medicals and IELTS again..

any thoughts?
Thanks

donkykong

Jan 9, 2019
Hi..

Yes i have the new letter from HR and I have submitted through web form. Only issue is I am not sure for how long they will hold my application and if they reject it later then, i have to go fro medicals and IELTS again..

any thoughts?
Thanks
I think it would be better to wait for your current application to be processed. It's unlikely they will reject your application as long as the new reference letter is clear. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing how long it will take for them to review your application and the open ended waiting is painful. I'm in the same boat. It seems to take anywhere from 7-13 months in most cases I've seen on this forum.

rahver

Mar 23, 2014
wow 7-13 months...how can i bring my family here? is there any way? I am on bridge work permit and not sure if they can apply for OWP based on my present status...OMG,

Reactions: jessy87

dineoctaor

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Hello There,

In CIC I still see below

Thanks,
Vedh
Hello,

Did you heard anything back from IRCC? If so, please provide the timelines. Thanks

RanaHamdi

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Hi..

any thoughts?
Thanks
Hello, I am on the same boat as well, any updates about your eligibility ??

Reactions: vis14ndreamz

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hi can someone please help me. My Aor sep 2018. No updates since Jan 2019. Last gcms note on April says eligibility review required, security not started, criminality in progress. They said my application is at Sydney Nova Scotia. Cic account is frozen with same status for ages. BG shows we are processing your application.
When I called an agent yesterday she told my that I have met the eligibility and asked me to wait until June. I don’t know how much reliable that information was. Ordered for second gcms. Will be arriving on June.. also my WP is expiring this August.. so very much worried :(.. I’m CEC inland applicant. Please give me an update

RanaHamdi

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Hi can someone please help me. My Aor sep 2018. No updates since Jan 2019. Last gcms note on April says eligibility review required, security not started, criminalitgy in progress. They said my application is at Sydney Nova Scotia. Cic account is frozen with same status for ages. BG shows we are processing your application.
When I called an agent yesterday she told my that I have met the eligibility and asked me to wait until June. I don’t know how much reliable that information was. Ordered for second gcms. Will be arriving on June.. also my WP is expiring this August.. so very much worried :(.. I’m CEC inland applicant. Please give me an update

Why don't you apply for bridging open work permit ?? Or you are already on it ??
Would you mind telling us why were ur eligibility review required ?

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Why don't you apply for bridging open work permit ?? Or you are already on it ??
Would you mind telling us why were ur eligibility review required ?
I still haven’t applied for BOWP. Because I am concerned that I may get a refusal since my application is still review required for eligibility. Case analyst marked review for my past employment she thought it was a coop job because my offer letter mentioned that I was given a stipend instead of wage. But I worked full time after finishing my program. They haven’t asked me for any further documents yet. But I have resubmitted an updated offer letter from my employer and send many LOE. I’m confused

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
I still haven’t applied for BOWP. Because I am concerned that I may get a refusal since my application is still review required for eligibility. Case analyst marked review for my past employment she thought it was a coop job because my offer letter mentioned that I was given a stipend instead of wage. But I worked full time after finishing my program. They haven’t asked me for any further documents yet. But I have resubmitted an updated offer letter from my employer and send many LOE. I’m confused
My R10 is Ok on gcms. They said I will get a final decision by June. So don’t know whether I should apply now or not.

RanaHamdi

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
My R10 is Ok on gcms. They said I will get a final decision by June. So don’t know whether I should apply now or not.
if I were you I would definitely wait, since you still have a valid permit till August and you said the agent told you eligibility is met. Don't overthink it. If you don't get an answer by end of june then go ahead and apply for BOWP