+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility question

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I wanted to apply Monther in Law visit visa, i have valid reason for her to be here in canada for couple of months. However, She doesn't have income as her age is more than 65 years old. so no income, no property on her name? she is retired private treacher so no pension. what evidence and proof can i provide for family ties in home country and what should i explain that she will leave canada?

I was thinking to add 1 affavidavit saying she will return back and 1 affadavit from her son in Home country saying the same that she take care of minor children. what else can i add to provide proof and evidence.
Don’t waste your money on affidavits. It will not add anything to the application since it really isn’t enforceable. If she is able to leave for a few months your BIL muse have other childcare options available so you can mention this but it isn’t very strong proof and definitely no need for an affidavit. What is her reason for coming to Canada? how much savings does she have? Has she ever travelled internationally especially to places like US, UK, Australia, etc. Has she applied for a TRV before? Are you trying to apply for a normal visa or supervisa? Based on what you have explained a supervisa is probably a better option.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi I wanted to apply Monther in Law visit visa, i have valid reason for her to be here in canada for couple of months. However, She doesn't have income as her age is more than 65 years old. so no income, no property on her name? she is retired private treacher so no pension. what evidence and proof can i provide for family ties in home country and what should i explain that she will leave canada?

I was thinking to add 1 affavidavit saying she will return back and 1 affadavit from her son in Home country saying the same that she take care of minor children. what else can i add to provide proof and evidence.
As mentioned a affidavit is worthless. If by chance she refuses to leave, what would the affidavit do ? Nothing. Her application will be vetted upon the information given that the VO will base their decision on.

legend_2020

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Don’t waste your money on affidavits. It will not add anything to the application since it really isn’t enforceable. If she is able to leave for a few months your BIL muse have other childcare options available so you can mention this but it isn’t very strong proof and definitely no need for an affidavit. What is her reason for coming to Canada? how much savings does she have? Has she ever travelled internationally especially to places like US, UK, Australia, etc. Has she applied for a TRV before? Are you trying to apply for a normal visa or supervisa? Based on what you have explained a supervisa is probably a better option.
I was talking about visit visa not super visa. I am not sure the processing time for super visa..may be longer..
She was rejected before in 2008 for a family ties reason in home country. I would need her for my wife pregnancy. She has some bank statement, However i will support her travel expense and stay.. so should i need to explain and add 1) my support for her 2) her son support for travel and expense or both of us should attach support for finance.

Can i ask.her do the valuation of her jewellery ? Would this be helpful

For travel history in last 10 years. She hasnt travelled. Last time she travelled was in 1986.

Last edited:

legend_2020

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
As mentioned a affidavit is worthless. If by chance she refuses to leave, what would the affidavit do ? Nothing. Her application will be vetted upon the information given that the VO will base their decision on.
Ok what can be the other possoble strong reasons i can give to show strong ties back home.

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
Hi Reen,
I had the same status change today and we have the same application date, I applied visitor visa from Auckland and the process office should be Sydney Australia.
Mine had been under reviewing status for 45days before change back to in progress today, but seems your haven’t got a final decision? I hope we could get some real updates in recent. ☹
Hey guys,
I just seconds ago applied for GCMS notes for visitor's visa submitted Aug 29, 2022 (inside Canada) without any updates since. I am just appalled and completely frustrated with IRCC. We are waiting on 490 points (CEC eligible) and now they decide to pause the draws, I'll be losing 5 points due to age on Jan 11 and I bet points will not drop to 490 before that but really hoping it falls below 485 by April 2023 for my IELTS is expiring then.

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
ny visa has been approved today.
Congrats! My parents application status changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements " today. Hope they send a positive response soon. @Reen247 How long did it take for your application from this update to PPR request?

Reactions: Reen247

farhan111

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
489 visa skilled migrant.
apply 10 oct
biometric 18 oct
Passport request 28 Dec
Hi Reen. My application approved as well from sydney. How do we send our passport to vfs. Can we go in person to give our passport and collect from vfs without appointment ?

Reen247

Oct 21, 2022
Hi Reen. My application approved as well from sydney. How do we send our passport to vfs. Can we go in person to give our passport and collect from vfs without appointment ?
Hey, i dont know. i have sent my passport by Aus post as i am in Adelaide. give them a call to ask.
congratulations:)

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Congratulations!

farhan111

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, i dont know. i have sent my passport by Aus post as i am in Adelaide. give them a call to ask.
congratulations:)
Hy you got your passport back. How long did they issue visa to you ? And how long it takes to process the visa stamping.
Thanks