+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility pass for AOR June And July

amco

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
If your eligibility has been conclusively passed (not just recommended pass), security should begin automatically. It’ll continue to show not started until you’re finally approved, even though it’s in progress.

In rare cases it might show in progress but it’s not necessarily a good thing - could be a sign that you’re under security screening.
thanks for your reply. I have to agree with what you’re saying.
I guess I just have to wait. In some cases security screening can take up to one year I heard ?

Cindy0310

Aug 10, 2020
Hi,
My aor is Juy 9th, eligibility recommended pass at Nov 5th, criminality is in progress, security not started according to my gcm notes. but It is already been 3 months but my eligibility still stuck in the recommended pass and no updates. The office is in Owatta, is there anyone who has a similar situation? No sure low long i need to wait

Reactions: SSC27 and assen89

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi,
My aor is Juy 9th, eligibility recommended pass at Nov 5th, criminality is in progress, security not started according to my gcm notes. but It is already been 3 months but my eligibility still stuck in the recommended pass and no updates. The office is in Owatta, is there anyone who has a similar situation? No sure low long i need to wait
Similar situation and my AOR is July 8, 2020. Security check can take an average of 110 days, so worst case scenario likely receive COPR in March if you have a July,2020 AOR.

Reactions: SSC27

SSC27

Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-07-2020
Hi,
Similar situation as yours. AOR July 8, 2020

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Is eligibility recommended passed almost as good as passed? What is the likelihood that it isn't passed?
If notes were added such as reference letter not dated,job duties not listed or job duties not match chosen NOC were raised by Case Analyst then the VO officer could reject the "recommended passed" eligibility recommendation. The VO officer usually agrees with the recommendation of the Case Analyst.

Reactions: dgeorge

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
@legalfalcon : My AOR is 13th the feb 2021. And My status moved to Review of Eligibility ( I don't remember when the status changed)
Medical Passed on 22nd Feb 2021.
Biometric done on 5th March 2021.
Received 1 Ghost update 24th Feb.
Background: We are processing your background check.

Do we receive any email or notification to know if the Eligibility is Passed or do we have to order gcm notes/call IRCC agent to know of the status.

Also, I raised a webform to add my spouse on 24th Feb and yet to hear from them. Any idea on the timeline to hear back from them ?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon : My AOR is 13th the feb 2021. And My status moved to Review of Eligibility ( I don't remember when the status changed)

Do we receive any email or notification to know if the Eligibility is Passed or do we have to order gcm notes/call IRCC agent to know of the status.

Also, I raised a webform to add my spouse on 24th Feb and yet to hear from them. Any idea on the timeline to hear back from them ?
You will not receive an email when Eligibility is passed. You don't need GCMS to find out, you can call and find out the status or even send a web form. For the web form these days it can take a few weeks to hear back.

To see all the stages of an application in detail checkout https://bit.ly/37nCTJD

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

On your MyCIC account your status for eligibility will continue to show in progress until your application is approved, so you will not get any notification or email.

To know if your eligibility is passed, you can send a webform and ask about the status of your application, to read on webform responses, see https://bit.ly/38l64NI

Alternatively, you can request your GCMS notes, which will have an in-depth processing details, along with the notes of the officer reviewing your application. Eligibility happens in two stages, how they entered in the GCMS notes, see #4,004