+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility of PGWP

Jun Kim 0213

Jul 19, 2018
Hi, I read all the conditions about PGWP eligibility. However I thought one of them was not specific enough to tell if my case will make it eligible or not.

So the condition is that "you must have continuously studied full-time in Canada in a study program at least eight months long."

However, does this mean that I have to continuously study full time in a program that is at least 8 months long?

My university program is a 4 year (32 months) long program and so the program is not a problem. However does this then mean that I have to study full time for the whole time of my university (so full time for 4 years).

Or does this simply mean that I have to continuously study full time at least 8 months before I graduate (in this case to study continuously for at least 8 months, the program has to be at least 8 months long)? If this is true, then I might be able to study part time in the middle of my university life as long as I continuously study full time for at least 8 months before I graduate.

Which way of interpretation is correct for this condition statement?

I also hope to get the reply through my email too if possible.

Thank you.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
To be eligible, the program has to be at LEAST 8 months long. Yours is 4 years, so not a problem. As far as I know you can only be part time for the last semester of your course, the rest has to be full-time. So you can't be part time in the middle of your course. This will make you ineligible.

Reactions: bongoman

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Above is correct only last semester can be part time, also only official breaks are allowed. Alao it is ircc definition of full time not your schools.