+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility of Part-time job for express entry

helenkamala

May 31, 2020
Hi all, I am at present working in a part-time job with full-time hours. My hours fluctuate every week sometimes I work biweekly for 75 hrs and sometimes for 45 hrs.

My question is will the immigration officer only consider my total final hours or do I need to maintain 30hr/week constantly every week?

Sambb

Nov 5, 2020
Hi all, I am at present working in a part-time job with full-time hours. My hours fluctuate every week sometimes I work biweekly for 75 hrs and sometimes for 45 hrs.

My question is will the immigration officer only consider my total final hours or do I need to maintain 30hr/week constantly every week?
Yes minimum 30 hours per week are mandatory

helenkamala

May 31, 2020
Thank you for your response.What if I work less than 30 hrs some weeks and try to cover the hours I worked less by doing extra hours during other weeks, will they consider it?

Sambb

Nov 5, 2020
Thank you for your response.What if I work less than 30 hrs some weeks and try to cover the hours I worked less by doing extra hours during other weeks, will they consider it?
More than 30 hours in a week are not considered. Which category are you applying for? For some categories less than 30 hours are also considered.

helenkamala

May 31, 2020
I am applying for Express entry under NOC 4212 (Social and Community Service). I am working regular part-time for 15hrs per week but I will also pick up some relief shifts throughout the week to make my hours.

Sambb

Nov 5, 2020
I am applying for Express entry under NOC 4212 (Social and Community Service). I am working regular part-time for 15hrs per week but I will also pick up some relief shifts throughout the week to make my hours.
So, for Federal Skilled worker program your experience should be continuous. It can be full time with 30 hrs per week or part time with less hours (15 hrs) per week. You have to accumulate 1560 hours of continuous work in previous 10 years while applying. Make sure you don't add more than 30 hours from any week. I hope it helps.

Reactions: helenkamala

helenkamala

May 31, 2020
So, for Federal Skilled worker program your experience should be continuous. It can be full time with 30 hrs per week or part time with less hours (15 hrs) per week. You have to accumulate 1560 hours of continuous work in previous 10 years while applying. Make sure you don't add more than 30 hours from any week. I hope it helps.