+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility of NOC 2282 as work experience

MohammedAbdul

May 22, 2019
I work as a Technical support rep at Amazon, however on my offer letter it says customer service associate. Do I need to use 2282 or 6552. The roles and responsibilities match with both the codes but the education qualifications for 2282 does not match.

If I use 6552 then I wont be eligible for express entry where as I will be eligible if I use 2282.

Can someone help me with this?

I handle technical issues reated to Alexa and Kindle

Reactions: Farah611818

Jantaa

May 10, 2018
There is no extra point in terms of eligibility or crs and no noc has advantage over other noc in terms of pr processing.
Hi ,
Does below duties matches NOC 2282

Responding to requests for assistance by chat or telephone (inbound)

Identifying the cause of the problem and sell the appropriate service to resolve it

Handle billing inquiries and other customer service duties and logging resolution steps, when required in a knowledge base to improve team resources

Working in a multi-platform environment such as : Win XP, Vista, Win 8, Mac OSX, Android, IOS, Blackberry OS, Internet Browsers(IE , Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.), Outlook, Internet-related protocols, Security products (i.e. Firewall technology, Anti-Virus).

Setup and troubleshooting of hardware devices ranging from MP3 players to gaming consoles

Diagnose and troubleshoot common networking problems for home users and small businesses.

Effectively identify new virus and spyware issues as they arise and remain up to date on the latest removal techniques

Jantaa

May 10, 2018
There is no such thing as "EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS". We all know that a doctor cant practice legally anywhere without education and same goes with lawyers so we should exempt them as it is illegal anywhere in the world to practice as a lawyer or a doctor without its relevant degrees.

But for other jobs every country has its own rule that is why you dont have to demonstrate that you meet employment requirements. There are only three things.

1. Noc code title
2. Main duties
3. Employment requirements

There is no such thing called "Educational requirements" or regulated jobs.
Hi ,

Identifying the cause of the problem and sell the appropriate service to resolve it

Handle billing inquiries and other customer service duties and logging resolution steps, when required in a knowledge base to improve team resources

Working in a multi-platform environment such as : Win XP, Vista, Win 8, Mac OSX, Android, IOS, Blackberry OS, Internet Browsers(IE , Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.), Outlook, Internet-related protocols, Security products (i.e. Firewall technology, Anti-Virus).

Setup and troubleshooting of hardware devices ranging from MP3 players to gaming consoles

Diagnose and troubleshoot common networking problems for home users and small businesses.

Effectively identify new virus and spyware issues as they arise and remain up to date on the latest removal techniques

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi ,

Looks OK but you should try to make it more align with the NOC duties to get rid off any confutions that case agent may get during the assessments. Be more specific for example what you do in multiplatform enviorment (install, administrate, trouble shoot etc.) rather saying you just work with it.
Good Luck!

Hedeeth

Aug 23, 2019
If your education satisfies following:
  • Completion of a college program in computer science, computer programming or network administration is usually required.
then you are good.
I have a degree in Microbiology but I have been a support analyst and heading our medical solution implementation and support team for almost 6 years. Do I still need a degree in computer science for noc 2282?

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
I have been tagged twice in this thread, so here you go guys:

When selecting the NOC, you only have to focus on the Job duties. As pointed out above:

Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.

Simply put, no matter what degree you have, as long as you meet the substantial job duties, you can chose that NOC.

Let me provide some scenarios:

1. An applicant has a degree in Bachelors of Fine Arts (4 years). The applicant will claim points of the bachelors degree. Now hen selecting the NOC, she will select one for which the Job Duties substantially match the job duties done by the applicant, which can be even that of an accountant. Now this is an extreme case, but possible.

2. For Lawyers, Physicians, and other licensed professional when an applicant applied for EE, none of them are licensed in Canada. Still they will select the NOC for that of a Physician, Lawyer etc., as their job duties substantially match the JDs in the NOC.

For Physicians, it is advisable that they get the ECA from the Medical Council of Canada, but that is not mandatory. A Doctor who does not wish to practice in Canada, can even get a ECA from WES, but will not be able to select a first professional degree needed for a licensed professional, instead she will have to chose bachelors or Masters. Only if the medical degree is evaluated from MCC, will the applicant be able to chose first professional degree needed for a licensed professional, for a Bachelors on Medicine.

@fatani you are absolutely correct.

I have read many posts where @mr.preetsingh has been providing incorrect information when it comes to NOC.

This is why I always stage, the forum is a two edged sword, it helps, but there are many pitfalls, based on what you read and who is writing it.

Sir, I believe this is the most credible post out on the internet on this topic.

However just clearing one aspect of your post.

This doctor, who has practised for 40 months in India , goes to Canada..and goes to wes to get his bachelors degree evaluated. He doesn't go to Medical council of Canada as he doesn't want to practise in Canada.

Can he still claim his work experience during express entry? Will he be given 3 years worth points for his express entry profile for his 40 months of paid service after graduation?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Sir, I believe this is the most credible post out on the internet on this topic.

However just clearing one aspect of your post.

This doctor, who has practised for 40 months in India , goes to Canada..and goes to wes to get his bachelors degree evaluated. He doesn't go to Medical council of Canada as he doesn't want to practise in Canada.

Can he still claim his work experience during express entry? Will he be given 3 years worth points for his express entry profile for his 40 months of paid service after graduation?
Answered on another thread.

Farah611818

Jun 28, 2017
Please let me know if the following qualifies for 2282:

To Whom It May Concern:
Please be advised that ......... is a full-time permanent employee with ..........
.....has been employed with our organization since May 3, 2021 and is still currently
employed with us.
......holds the position of an Advisor I, Customer Service and earns $16.00 (CAD) hourly.
Her job duties and responsibilities are as described below, but not limited to:
• Contact various internal departments on a daily basis to clarify information, seek guidance
and gather information to respond to customer inquiries
• Contact external parties to assist in providing information, gain clarification and gather
information.
• Answer all incoming customer phone calls within quality standards
• Gather and input customer demographics and inquiries in a PC environment
• Follow critical elements of the Concentrix Call and File handling process
• Determine customer needs through effective questioning and evaluate need for call
escalation
• Review individual customer cases providing mediation on behalf of client for consideration
outside policies and procedures
• Reviews escalated calls with Team Leader for resolution / assistance
• Execute customer fulfillment requests through contact with appropriate departments
• Place outbound follow up calls from customer interaction as required
• Place outbound calls as required to meet marketing program initiatives
• Answer dealer questions about incentives, Home Office Letters, and vehicle billing,
• Analyzes rejected incentive applications through Home Office Letter on Global Connect to
ensure dealers qualify; then advise dealer of the proper procedure to resolve the
application issues,
• Answer all shipping related inquires, escalates problems to appropriate second level
contacts and logistic departments if unable to resolve
• Provide first-level support for DSS applications and system infrastructure, including Global
Connect, including remote IT Technical assistance and troubleshooting steps necessary to
resolve inquiries/issues
• Password resets for Dealers, Corp Users, internal users, training centres,
• Escalate any database or application issues to appropriate parties if unable to resolve
through technical troubleshooting steps,