+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility of NOC 2282 as work experience

May 30, 2018
Hello everyone,

Im intending to submit for the EE skilled worker program and i'm worried about the NOC i should put in my profile.

I'm confused wether i should put 2171 (system analyst) or 2282 (It support) because my tasks include analyst aswell.

If i choose 2282 I'm worried if there are other conditions besides the reference letter and the NOC Category(0 A or B) for a work experience to be accepted.

For example :

-Yesterday i've just discovered there is a list of eligible jobs to be accepted in EE (2282 is one of them)
http://www.immigration.ca/fast-track-high-demand-occupations/

-Can a job still be accepted and get lower points?

So according to your experience will the 2282 NOC get good points ( i have 4 yeas experience) ? Will i get more points if i submit as an analyst 2171? will it make any difference.

Any help will be appreciated.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

Im intending to submit for the EE skilled worker program and i'm worried about the NOC i should put in my profile.

I'm confused wether i should put 2171 (system analyst) or 2282 (It support) because my tasks include analyst aswell.

If i choose 2282 I'm worried if there are other conditions besides the reference letter and the NOC Category(0 A or B) for a work experience to be accepted.

For example :

-Yesterday i've just discovered there is a list of eligible jobs to be accepted in EE (2282 is one of them)

So according to your experience will the 2282 NOC get good points ( i have 4 yeas experience) ? Will i get more points if i submit as an analyst 2171? will it make any difference.

There is no extra point in terms of eligibility or crs and no noc has advantage over other noc in terms of pr processing.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello everyone,

For example :

No more points and no less points. The points will remain same regardless of your NOC.

May 30, 2018
Ok fair enough,

Than what about NOC 2282 in terms of eligibility in EE, is it accepted, because i have points for language and all other , so i don't want to miss the chance to have ITA just because i put a level B NOC, is it good to submit with with?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Ok fair enough,

Than what about NOC 2282 in terms of eligibility in EE, is it accepted, because i have points for language and all other , so i don't want to miss the chance to have ITA just because i put a level B NOC, is it good to submit with with?

If your education satisfies following:
  • Completion of a college program in computer science, computer programming or network administration is usually required.
then you are good.

May 30, 2018
Thank you for your answer Mr preetnigh,

Our educational system differs but i think college for us is postsecondary ,

I have post-secondary 2 years technical study in IT developement,dipoma is that of specialized technician so i think it's equivalent to DEC or AEC in canada.

So 2282 is eligible (technical support) i find it weird because i thought only high positions are accepted in EE, if i have better chances i can change it to 2171.

Thank you for your assistance and good luck.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
If your education satisfies following:
  • Completion of a college program in computer science, computer programming or network administration is usually required.
then you are good.
Wrong one can have any sort of education and work exp. Education and work exp does not need to be related for PR purposes.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp

Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.
Your reference is partially correct and also 100% applicable for the original poster here. However just for our future reference, few NOC (specially management, doctors, architects, dentists lawyers etc.) does need to meet education requirements. Where NOC description says education requirement "is/are required" without the term "usually" or "may be" means that education requirement is compulsory to claim experience points for that particular NOC.

Hope it helps!

May 30, 2018
Your reference is partially correct and also 100% applicable for the original poster here. However just for our future reference, few NOC (specially management, doctors, architects, dentists lawyers etc.) does need to meet education requirements. Where NOC description says education requirement "is/are required" without the term "usually" or "may be" means that education requirement is compulsory to claim experience points for that particular NOC.

Hope it helps!
ishq was right, it depends on the job wether it's regulated ,jobs like doctors .... have regulating organisms that you must meet those criterias, NOC 2282 i think is not regulated.

You can go ahead with this NOC if your performing lead statement and substantial number of duties mentioned in the NOC description page.
http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=314243&CVD=314247&CPV=2282&CST=01012016&MLV=4&CLV=4
So as i concluded i will not get any other privilege or points if i put NOC 2171 , am i right?

Thank you for your help.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Wrong one can have any sort of education and work exp. Education and work exp does not need to be related for PR purposes.
Check the NOC yourself.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Check the NOC yourself.
Its not about noc. One can choose any noc if he/she has the exp in it and can provide genuine work exp letter. Employment requirements are only there for canadian employers its not there for PR purposes. It is clearly mentioned in cic website that you dont have to demonstrate that you meet employment requirements. I have seen many casses that a person is MBA finance and he has exp of software eng. Or graphic design and got the PR without any hassle.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Its not about noc. One can choose any noc if he/she has the exp in it and can provide genuine work exp letter. Employment requirements are only there for canadian employers its not there for PR purposes. It is clearly mentioned in cic website that you dont have to demonstrate that you meet employment requirements. I have seen many casses that a person is MBA finance and he has exp of software eng. Or graphic design and got the PR without any hassle.
What's wrong in my response. He should have at least a college program to perform this NOC. That's what i mentioned.