+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility not started

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Background still in progress but i asked for notes and it seems criminality and info sharing passed . But i dont know why it taking ages .
So background not completed. Background checks also involve checking all documentation like bank statements. What is your country of citizenship? If for a TRV, then just wait. No rush. Backlogs, number of applications, staffing, verifying documents are all issues to take longer. Assume you don’t have valid US visa for Can+ processing.

canada nature

Star Member
Sep 2, 2023
So background not completed. Background checks also involve checking all documentation like bank statements. What is your country of citizenship? If for a TRV, then just wait. No rush. Backlogs, number of applications, staffing, verifying documents are all issues to take longer. Assume you don’t have valid US visa for Can+ processing.

Im iranian but live in Uk. I applied ony for a TRV . Will they check my bank for a TRV visa ? yes i dont have . I am gonna pass time line next week and still my eligiblity not started which is crazy .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Im iranian but live in Uk. I applied ony for a TRV . Will they check my bank for a TRV visa ? yes i dont have . I am gonna pass time line next week and still my eligiblity not started which is crazy .
They will check all your documentation like bank statements (make sure not fraudulent). Processing times are estimates. IRCC sites says…Our processing times show how long it took us to process most applications in the past for each application type. That could mean only 51% get a response in line with current times.

Don’t think it is crazy as your background check is not complete. All you can do is wait. What is the urgency.

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
They will check all your documentation like bank statements (make sure not fraudulent). Processing times are estimates. IRCC sites says…Our processing times show how long it took us to process most applications in the past for each application type. That could mean only 51% get a response in line with current times.

Don’t think it is crazy as your background check is not complete. All you can do is wait. What is the urgency.
I thought they check the POF, work experience etc. in the eligibility phase, and security is basically IRCC working with the other agencies purely about security threats?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I thought they check the POF, work experience etc. in the eligibility phase, and security is basically IRCC working with the other agencies purely about security threats?
No background check will include verifying documents which can include bank statements for authenticity. Making sure documents submitted are not fake. Also verifying that you are who you are through passport and it is real. Security screening is part of a background check. It can take a while.

Reactions: hiato

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
No background check will include verifying documents which can include bank statements for authenticity. Making sure documents submitted are not fake. Also verifying that you are who you are through passport and it is real. Security screening is part of a background check. It can take a while.
Ok thank you.. I'm FSW-O Sep 1 AOR with 2 "yes" to stat questions, so pretty sure I'm under "review required stat questions", hence eligibility did not start.
Any idea who will conduct my eligibility review? Is the officer, after reviewing the stat questions going to carry on with the eligibility or send my file back to case analyst to continue working on it?

Faroosan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
When did you apply? My partner also from UK applied in April and we are still waiting.
Background in process since a few months and eligibility not started

canada nature

Star Member
Sep 2, 2023
When did you apply? My partner also from UK applied in April and we are still waiting.
Background in process since a few months and eligibility not started
Unfortunately , it sounds everyone who applied from London it taking ages . its bad . Where is you partner from originally? have they been in touch with embassy ?

Faroosan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Yes they asked for an update and also we submitted an urgency letter through them. The status was the same; eligibility not started, Background check under process. We have sent 3 urgency letter by far but no progress

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes they asked for an update and also we submitted an urgency letter through them. The status was the same; eligibility not started, Background check under process. We have sent 3 urgency letter by far but no progress
So you are PR and have sponsored your spouse but wanting TRV? What are reasons for urgency letters?