+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility Interview & how can i come to canada during Covid 19

Refuge786

Nov 14, 2020
Hello Friends,
I have to come on visit visa and claim the refugee status at airport. Can i come to canada during Covid 19 and my main qeustion is what kind of questions immigration officer will ask me. If someone has first hand experience please share with me. It would be highly appreciated.
Thanks

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Are you exempt from current travel restrictions? Do you already have a TRV? If not, then it will be impossible right now.

Refuge786

Nov 14, 2020
I have TRV. but i do not know i am expemt or not. I have TRV. How i can know i am expemt. Refugee claimant are exempt ???
Please guide me in this regard
Thanks

Refuge786

Nov 14, 2020
What questions CBA guys ask at airport and approx. how long it takes to complete the process in eligibility interview

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What questions CBA guys ask at airport and approx. how long it takes to complete the process in eligibility interview
I have TRV. but i do not know i am expemt or not. I have TRV. How i can know i am expemt. Refugee claimant are exempt ???
Thanks
You need written authorization to travel to Canada. You can only get authorization if you have immediate or extended family. If you don’t, you can’t travel to Canada until border rules are eased. Claiming refugee status is not exempt.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks
Refugee claimants are not exempt.

You need to fall under one of the family member exemptions if you want to travel right now. Do you have a family member in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you discussed your case with an immigration lawyer? If you were granted a TRV you usually have a good job, savings and had a high likelihood of returning home. applying for asylum has longterm negative implications if you are refused and should always be your last option. Would really suggest consulting with a Canadian immigration lawyer to see if they feel you have solid grounds for approval before eventually flying to Canada.

Fizi

Nov 18, 2020
India
Category........
Other
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
Hello Friends,
I have to come on visit visa and claim the refugee status at airport. Can i come to canada during Covid 19 and my main qeustion is what kind of questions immigration officer will ask me. If someone has first hand experience please share with me. It would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Im also planing to apply at airport

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Thanks
Being a "potential" refugee claimant does not make you exempt from the travel restrictions nor bump you to the front of the line in being able to travel to Canada during a pandemic

Reactions: Ex ツ

Jonus89

Nov 24, 2020
Hello, I find myself in a similar situation, as I'm currently trying to find my way to Canada by air, claiming Asylum, arriving from Europe.
But there's nowhere to be found any clear information about the asylum seekers, this category is purposely ignored and not included in any guides or corona virus updates around the web.
Also since 21st November they introduced the new app ArriveCAN that becomes mandatory prior boarding any flight to Canada you have to specify which exemption category do you fit in and as well as your quarantine plan after arrival.
And there is no section for refugees or asylum seekers. Nothing at all.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello, I find myself in a similar situation, as I'm currently trying to find my way to Canada by air, claiming Asylum, arriving from Europe.
But there's nowhere to be found any clear information about the asylum seekers, this category is purposely ignored and not included in any guides or corona virus updates around the web.
Also since 21st November they introduced the new app ArriveCAN that becomes mandatory prior boarding any flight to Canada you have to specify which exemption category do you fit in and as well as your quarantine plan after arrival.
1. That is because there is no such category. If a person could get a visa to come to Canada so they could claim refugee status, there would be 100's of thousands in the world applying for it.
2. The Canadian refugee systems is based on a person being outside their country of residence and having a well found fear. In most cases they have to be recognized as a refugee by UNHCR as a refugee and referred to a country's Refugee program, not necessarily Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you have a TRV?