+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility interview and document submission

himsjag799

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi. I have a refugee claim . I received AOC and no eligibility interview date is mentioned on it . Can anyone share there experiences regarding the same. Btw i have done my medicals

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. I have a refugee claim . I received AOC and no eligibility interview date is mentioned on it . Can anyone share there experiences regarding the same. Btw i have done my medicals
Have you reviewed your case with an Immigration lawyer? Asylum claims from India don't have a great approval rate. Since it is such a large country you are expected to try and relocate within the country first. You seem to have been in Canada for the past 2 years under valid student or WP. Applying for asylum should always be the last option because of the negative repercussions if you get refused or approved. If refused, travel to many other countries will be difficult because there will be concern that you won't leave. If your asylum claim is approved your family are likely to struggle visit you in Canada because there will be concern that they will try to claim asylum as well.

himsjag799

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Have you reviewed your case with an Immigration lawyer? Asylum claims from India don't have a great approval rate. Since it is such a large country you are expected to try and relocate within the country first. You seem to have been in Canada for the past 2 years under valid student or WP. Applying for asylum should always be the last option because of the negative repercussions if you get refused or approved. If refused, travel to many other countries will be difficult because there will be concern that you won't leave. If your asylum claim is approved your family are likely to struggle visit you in Canada because there will be concern that they will try to claim asylum as well.
Yes . I have reviewed everything with my lawyer and more over my family is in canada with me. Kindly answer the question i have asked

Reactions: Jahprovideesp