+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility for Part-time skilled worker under CEC

sashimaro

Sep 7, 2013
Hello, I have a question about my eligibility.

I am working as a skilled worker (NOC6311, restaurant supervisor) 20 to 35 hrs per week; my shift changes weekly.
I've been working the restaurant one year, but I haven't reached the 1560 hrs yet. Still 250 hrs to go.

If I moved to another work place as the same skilled job and earned left 250 hrs in that new place, am I eligible to apply CEC?
Or Do I need to work at the new place in one year again?

Please kindly answer my question!
Thank you.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sashimaro said:
Hello, I have a question about my eligibility.

I am working as a skilled worker (NOC6311, restaurant supervisor) 20 to 35 hrs per week; my shift changes weekly.
I've been working the restaurant one year, but I haven't reached the 1560 hrs yet. Still 250 hrs to go.

If I moved to another work place as the same skilled job and earned left 250 hrs in that new place, am I eligible to apply CEC?
Or Do I need to work at the new place in one year again?

Please kindly answer my question!
Thank you.
CIC deem FT to be 30 hours per week. You cannot count anymore than 30 hours for any given week of employment. So, if you work 35 hours one week, you can only count 30 hours towards the total. It's important to understand this.

Let's say you had a week when you worked 20 hours, you would then need to work an extra 10 hours another week to compensate for your PT hours.

You can count experience from multiple employers as long as the work is still deemed to be skilled.

Best,

sashimaro

Sep 7, 2013
jsm0085

Thank you for your reply

I didn't know that information you said...
OMG then I have so many hours left to reach the equivalent of at least one year of full-time work experience....
I'm so confused... Will VO really count all hours from my pay stub?

I should have done the another part-time work at the same time? OMG...
It is better to move full-time work as soon as possible to catch up everything I guess..

Thank you and I hope I can get more advice.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sashimaro said:
jsm0085

Thank you for your reply

I didn't know that information you said...
OMG then I have so many hours left to reach the equivalent of at least one year of full-time work experience....
I'm so confused... Will VO really count all hours from my pay stub?
Don't apply until you have enough hours. The information jsm0085 has provided is correct.

otonglo

May 8, 2013
That is a tricky one for you as if you work part -time then your hours of work experience will be calculated under the part time threshold, if you work full time then they will do the same, your work experience can be either continuous full time or continuous part -time equivalent to full time. Follow the link below from the CIC website hopefully it helps you out.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=718&t=6

sashimaro

Sep 7, 2013
Hello jsm0085, scylla and otonglo

Thank you very much for great info! it was very helpful and now I understand how to carculate my working experience.

Thank you.