+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility for both Canadian Express Class and Federal Skilled Worker

nazrul_islam

Oct 21, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have been working as a Data Analyst for more than 1.5 years (NOC A- 2172) and have 6 months of job experience in a call center as a Telesales Representative (NOC B- 6221). In total, I have more than two years of Canadian job experience. I have not added any foreign work experience in my express entry profile, and it is showing I am only eligible for Canadian express class. I am just wondering why I am not eligible for Foreign Skilled Worker class? As far as I know, if someone has more than 1-year continuous job experience in Canada he is eligible for both Canadain express class and federal skilled worker class. Is it happening just because of 2 years of Job experience from two different jobs (NOC codes)?

I would really appreciate it if any of you help me to clarify this situation.

Thanks,
Nazrul

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Did you put that you’d be bringing funds to Canada? That’s one of the criteria to be eligible for FSW. Out of curiosity, why the need to be considered under FSW, if you’re already eligible for CEC?

when IRCC conducts draws, it’s usually an all program draw (with the exception of this year’s CEC and PNP draws) - all three are considered (CEC, FSW and PNP). As long as you have a pretty good score, you’ll be invited. If you’re eligible for both CEC and FSW, you’re ITA will be under CEC.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1294&top=29

work experience must be NOC 0, A or B.

My two cents, put just enough work experience to fetch a high CRS and you’ll be claiming points. E.g, if your Canadian work experience is enough to get a high CRS, why bother adding in your foreign work experience? Put your foreign work experience in personal history.

Last edited:

johnnycyrille

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have been working as a Data Analyst for more than 1.5 years (NOC A- 2172) and have 6 months of job experience in a call center as a Telesales Representative (NOC B- 6221). In total, I have more than two years of Canadian job experience. I have not added any foreign work experience in my express entry profile, and it is showing I am only eligible for Canadian express class. I am just wondering why I am not eligible for Foreign Skilled Worker class? As far as I know, if someone has more than 1-year continuous job experience in Canada he is eligible for both Canadain express class and federal skilled worker class. Is it happening just because of 2 years of Job experience from two different jobs (NOC codes)?

I would really appreciate it if any of you help me to clarify this situation.

Thanks,
Nazrul
Hello Nazrul,

To be eligible under the federal skilled workers program you have to score at least 67 on the 6 selection factors for federal skilled workers and you can't have below CLB 7 on you primary language test. It also could be as NOC 98 said that you didn't mention that you are going to bring enough funds.

For more info check this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

Or watch the video "EXPRESS ENTRY FROM A TO Z" from the link in my signature. You will learn a lot. Good luck with your application!