+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Elementary Schools in B.C. Enquiries

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Bystanders were also being victims
True. But I won't be moving out of my community because there was gang shooting once. If it's a daily thing, then, may be.

I acutally heard gun shot once from my apartment building may be 5 years ago. (since then I moved twice but not because of the shooting)
It's a residential neighourhood with new apartment buildings and some old and new townhouses. I heard from the news after that it's target shooting of gang member. I didn't feel less safe after that. That's the only major crime in that area during my 10 years there.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Bystanders were also being victims
Yes bystanders are sometimes a victim but that is still relatively rare. The majority of the time members of gangs or those hanging out with criminals are the ones hurt or killed. You are more likely to die by a number of other ways than being killed by a bullet in Canada if you are not involved in illegal activity. People are not moving out of North Van this week because of the increased numbers of shootings. People will still be going to the airport although there was clearly an organized hit in someone at the airport.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes bystanders are sometimes a victim but that is still relatively rare. The majority of the time members of gangs or those hanging out with criminals are the ones hurt or killed. You are more likely to die by a number of other ways than being killed by a bullet in Canada if you are not involved in illegal activity. People are not moving out of North Van this week because of the increased numbers of shootings. People will still be going to the airport although there was clearly an organized hit in someone at the airport.
Not to mention that people will continue go to libraries despite the stabbing incident.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
True. But I won't be moving out of my community because there was gang shooting once. If it's a daily thing, then, may be.

I acutally heard gun shot once from my apartment building may be 5 years ago. (since then I moved twice but not because of the shooting)
It's a residential neighourhood with new apartment buildings and some old and new townhouses. I heard from the news after that it's target shooting of gang member. I didn't feel less safe after that. That's the only major crime in that area during my 10 years there.
Previously you said you lived 4 years in the last place and 4 years already in your current. But here you said, you moved twice after the gun shot maybe 5 years ago. The numbers doesn't add up... Wouldn't the gun shot was maybe 8 to 10 years ago?

May 11, 2021
Thx for the info, i did some researches(craigslist) last couple days. I found it's easier to find a place to stay/rent in North Van, Delta and Surrey regions, how do you guys compare with those regions? which one is better for kids? Canada is not a unfamiliar/strange place to me; i used to stay on the East coast, but B.C. is kinda complicated and uncertain. Appreciated!

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thx for the info, i did some researches(craigslist) late couple days. I found it's easier to find a place to stay/rent in North Van, Delta and Surrey regions, how do you guys compare with those regions? which one is better for kids? Canada is not a unfamiliar/strange place to me; i used to stay on the East coast, but B.C. is kinda complicated and uncertain. Appreciated!
Have you looked at these website? There are some listings in Burnaby too.

https://apartmentlove.com

and padmapper.com

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Previously you said you lived 4 years in the last place and 4 years already in your current. But here you said, you moved twice after the gun shot maybe 5 years ago. The numbers doesn't add up... Wouldn't the gun shot was maybe 8 to 10 years ago?
I think I am confused with my time... may be 8 years... time flies. I can't believe I have lived in my place for 4 years already or was that 3 years ... I better check my emails to note down my moving years. But I did live in Richmond for 10 years.

btw. I never got my wedding anniversary figured out... x year anniversary is usually off and now I got off facebook, no one will remind me of that any more!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thx for the info, i did some researches(craigslist) last couple days. I found it's easier to find a place to stay/rent in North Van, Delta and Surrey regions, how do you guys compare with those regions? which one is better for kids? Canada is not a unfamiliar/strange place to me; i used to stay on the East coast, but B.C. is kinda complicated and uncertain. Appreciated!
Really depends on what you’re looking for and if commuting will be a factor. There area also price differences between locations. Would suggest looking at neighbourhoods or doing more research on certain neighbourhoods. There are some rougher areas within acuty so the location within the city is also important.

ROSELYNNE

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Hi ,
I am planning to come to canada as a student , my daughter is in grade 7 presently , please suggest good schools in BC,
If we arrive in JAN , will schools give admission.