+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Electrician

Jxbber

Mar 24, 2020
Hello,

I plan on moving to Canada some next year after going through the PR process and was wondering if it would be difficult to find a job as an electrician. I attended trade school and was given a technical certificate for my completion of the course. I am starting a job for experience soon so I'll have a bit of experience before heading over to Canada.

Just want to see if this is education level is enough or if it would be better to go back to school for a degree.

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I plan on moving to Canada some next year after going through the PR process and was wondering if it would be difficult to find a job as an electrician. I attended trade school and was given a technical certificate for my completion of the course. I am starting a job for experience soon so I'll have a bit of experience before heading over to Canada.

Just want to see if this is education level is enough or if it would be better to go back to school for a degree.

Thank you.
You would have to pass the red seal exams to work as a licensed electrician. Have you looked to see if you qualify to immigrate?

Ravinder singh

Mar 18, 2014
Hello,

Thank you.
Yes three ways out here. One is you goto trade school here in canada write the red seal exam while being in school. And 2nd you can challenge the red seal exam, like you can show your study and experience in particular field, however its upto the governing body to allow you to write the exam. Personally i know some friends who showed their experience and challenge the exam and did get the red seal.
Lastly you can get experience in canada and then challenge the exam.
You are in correct way of getting the courses and experience. Keep doing that and get in touch with the governing body(ITA BC for the province of british columbia) and prepare for the next steps.
Good luck

Manoj957

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Hi,
I am also an electrician and intend to move to canada. Please tell me as how to join trade school in Canada. What are the process involved in joining the trade school and which type of visa is approved for joining the trade school. Also what is the duration of this course.. I will be grateful to you for your early reply..

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you.