07/11
File Transfer...
06/11
Med's Done....
10/11, BG: IP 05/04
Passport Req..
12/04
CVIF123 said:
my Application is under review for P.Eng, i didnt get any interview calls as of now from companies directly but had calls from consultants but not settled in jobs though
Hello dear,
Some questions from my side,
In which city are you searching for job? To which licence authority you have applied for P.Eng. status? Moreover, can you shed some light on job opportunities for Electrical Engineers specialized in Power engineering?

I hope I could benefit from your words. Thanks in advance :)

CVIF123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July4
File Transfer...
September 20th
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
november 10th 2015
harry899 said:
Hello dear,
Some questions from my side,
In which city are you searching for job? To which licence authority you have applied for P.Eng. status? Moreover, can you shed some light on job opportunities for Electrical Engineers specialized in Power engineering?

I hope I could benefit from your words. Thanks in advance :)
i am looking for jobs in calgary,
applied alberta p.eng licence ,
i am not aware of Power engineering.

eternalsoul

Jul 15, 2016
Hi all,
I am an Instrumentation Engineer with 17 years of experience in Downstream Oil & Gas sector. I am planning to apply for Canada PR. What chances are there for me to land a job in my field? One more thing, I am jobless for almost one year. Your responses are much appreciated.

K.

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
eternalsoul I've yet to see anyone in instrumentation getting a good job. Right now, oil prices have collapsed and so thousands of people have been laid off in Alberta. So think about this before applying.

It would be best if you visited Canada as a visitor and assessed it yourself, however.

eternalsoul

Jul 15, 2016
Thanks for the quick reply, mystique9999. I am weighing the options now. The job scenario now is not that rosy anywhere. Especially for Oil&Gas professionals, the downtrend is still continuing.

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
Hi,

I am instrumentation engineer as well, its difficult finding a job in ur field although there are plenty of job advertisement all over canada.

how is the job market in Edmonton..?!, here in ontario most instrument and automation is about manufacturing lines and robots, and few water treatment companies.

what industries u guys are targeting?!.

btw, I am looking for Smart Plant instrumentation training in an affordable place in toronto, some companies will hire you if u r certifiied from Intools.

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Yorker13 can you please provide me with some names of any water treatment companies? My background is in water treatment and I would like to target the same type of companies.

raj147

Feb 26, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-12-2014
Med's Request
14-03-2015
Med's Done....
02-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-09-2015
Me too looking for job in Alberta. have PR and because of market conditions, its very tough nowadays

yamagama

Nov 11, 2016
Hello everyone, I have a degree in Electronics Engineering and 6 years of I&C experience from Asia. I still have a good job in my home country

I am thinking to apply for PR via EE. I am not assuming that I will get a good job in Canada which is why my plan is to do survival jobs for a year or so and then get a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Management etc. I dont have alot of saving so I will have to apply for govt loans like OSAP etc.

The question is that will I be able to land a decent (annual salary 60k CAD) once I have a Canadian masters degree?

Lokne

Nov 13, 2016
I wonder how things are in Canada with the administration servers and all other connected to the network. Previously, I worked as a manager in a company engaged in the proxy advanced.name.