Egyptian Citizens inland and outland, let's Connect here

ywssz

Mar 24, 2017
Category........
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
I never actually got notified, I check mycic daily until my status changed, so I called DHL myself and asked if they picked my passport up from The Canadian Embassy yet, they said yes we did, choose how you want it delivered and here's your tracking number, next day I received my package.
That's interesting... Thank you for sharing! I didnt check my cic that often now since I got the PPR email so i better do.

one last question though. how long did it take for the status to change since u sent ur passport?

Shox

Jul 23, 2017
Guys is it helpful to send cic an email to know your visa office or its useless & just keep waiting for updates? I mean is it worth it or there is no real value in knowing the VO processing the file?

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
That's interesting... Thank you for sharing! I didnt check my cic that often now since I got the PPR email so i better do.

one last question though. how long did it take for the status to change since u sent ur passport?

Yeah do check it until it changes

I received the Email
Then I sent the passport
My status changed to approved about a week after they 'received' my pp
2 days later I received my pp

Reactions: ywssz

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Guys is it helpful to send cic an email to know your visa office or its useless & just keep waiting for updates? I mean is it worth it or there is no real value in knowing the VO processing the file?
I dont think its any use, but when they email you asking for additional documents you'll know where it came from (Ottawa for example or Cairo VO)

Reactions: Shox

ywssz

Mar 24, 2017
Category........
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
Yeah do check it until it changes

I received the Email
Then I sent the passport
My status changed to approved about a week after they 'received' my pp
2 days later I received my pp
Thank you! we did get an email to pick up our passports after 5 working days, status changed on the same day in the evening so we arranged with dhl to pick up our passports. Hopefully we'll get them by Saturday or Sunday enshaa Allah!

Reactions: Heathcliff77

ywssz

Mar 24, 2017
Category........
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
So if i entering and exiting with less than 10,000 i wont be asked any questions???should i answer that i carry any if asked ?
I just read today that you can carry into canada any amount u want as long as u declare if u have more than $10,000 (i think canadian dollars, but u need to check). The trick is, it is illegal to get out of egypt with more than $10,000 anyways so that's ur limit. when i used to travel as a tourist, we fill a declaration card and mark if we have more than $10,000. they also ask us and we say we have less than $10,000 and thats it. in landing, i dont know what more will happen then.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
So
I just read today that you can carry into canada any amount u want as long as u declare if u have more than $10,000 (i think canadian dollars, but u need to check). The trick is, it is illegal to get out of egypt with more than $10,000 anyways so that's ur limit. when i used to travel as a tourist, we fill a declaration card and mark if we have more than $10,000. they also ask us and we say we have less than $10,000 and thats it. in landing, i dont know what more will happen then.
so to make it clear will i have to declare anything if entering or exiting egypt if i carry less than 10,000 canadian dollars?

ywssz

Mar 24, 2017
Category........
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
So

so to make it clear will i have to declare anything if entering or exiting egypt if i carry less than 10,000 canadian dollars?

Not anything. When it comes to money u declare if u have more than $10,000. However there are other items that you need to declare. You can find more information in this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

Here's the passage related to money from the cic website:

Disclosure of funds
Tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada if you’re carrying more than CAN $10,000. If you don’t, you may be fined, and your funds could be seized.

These funds could be in the form of:

• cash
  • cheques
  • bankers’ drafts
  • travelers’ cheques or money orders
  • securities that belong to you, such as:
    • stocks
    • bonds
    • debentures
    • treasury bills
Find out more about your duty to disclose funds either before you leave or once you arrive in Canada.

This link also has more details regarding what constitutes funds: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/ttd-vdd-eng.html

I hope that helps! Good luck!

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Not anything. When it comes to money u declare if u have more than $10,000. However there are other items that you need to declare. You can find more information in this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

Here's the passage related to money from the cic website:

Disclosure of funds
Tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada if you’re carrying more than CAN $10,000. If you don’t, you may be fined, and your funds could be seized.

These funds could be in the form of:

• cash
  • cheques
  • bankers’ drafts
  • travelers’ cheques or money orders
  • securities that belong to you, such as:
    • stocks
    • bonds
    • debentures
    • treasury bills
Find out more about your duty to disclose funds either before you leave or once you arrive in Canada.

This link also has more details regarding what constitutes funds: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/ttd-vdd-eng.html

I hope that helps! Good luck!
Am talking about egypt not canada

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Thank you! we did get an email to pick up our passports after 5 working days, status changed on the same day in the evening so we arranged with dhl to pick up our passports. Hopefully we'll get them by Saturday or Sunday enshaa Allah!
Many many congrats!! and best of luck in your Canada life inshaAllah!

Dr Strange

Aug 9, 2017
Hello, i'm going thru the same process u mentioned earlier n i still can't figure out where should i go to get my fingerprints taken in Egypt! i should submit all my documents in less than 6 weeks & i haven't yet sent my set of fingerprints to the US for the fbi clearance. Could u please share ur experience with that. Thanks in advance

diaa_algazzar

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Urgent Support please.

I am express entry applicant with AOR 5 Jan, 2017, I have received PPR email on 23 July, 2017 and picked up by the embassy next day.

Now 17 days elapsed with no feedback from Cairo Visa Office, moreover, I have received a phone call from embassy side asking to avoid distributing my routine as there is FINAL APPROVAL NEEDED FROM CANADA. when I asked to speed up this approval, they told me they only could speed it up only after passing 3 MONTHS !!

Anyone aware of this strange situation? by the way, my background check under CIC portal still "we are processing .... "

PLEASE HELP

Last edited: