+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Egyptian Citizens inland and outland, let's Connect here

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
anytimebutnow said:
The 6 months is a target, not a guarantee.

Express Entry applications which have a job offer (LMIA etc) are finalized in Cairo for most Egyptian applicants. The job offer is examined and the applicant's credentials are reviewed. The cairo visa officer (AKA Dream Killers) will carefully try to (a) void your LMIA by tricking you into contradicting material that was part of the initial LMIA application, or (b) allege your job offer was illegitimate since you are a Christian/Muslim/human like THIS http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2015/2015fc325/2015fc325.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQAVZWd5cHQgdmlzYSBwaGFybWFjaXN0AAAAAAE&resultIndex=4 or (c) allege you are unqualified for the job or (d) find any fake documents in your application or (e) fail to be able to verify your experience etc.
Do they process all applications or only those with lmia?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Wolverine17 said:
what I heard is that there's no counsular section anymore here in Egypt, all files are processed either in London or Ottawa

anytimebutnow

Jan 1, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
Some Egyptian Express Entry applications never end up in the hands of the Cairo visa office. Some paper-based PR applications still do (these are 2014 FSW/CEC applications that are still incomplete, plus some Provincial Nominations (especially investors).

If you submit your passport for travel document to the Cairo visa office after your PR is approved, you are inviting them to review every single part of your file so its easier and safer to just send it to Ottawa.

anytimebutnow

Jan 1, 2016
maged_mmh said:
what I heard is that there's no counsular section anymore here in Egypt, all files are processed either in London or Ottawa
The consular section will always exist in Egypt (in some form or another) because it serves Canadians who need help abroad. I think you meant to say the 'visa section' is no longer here.

Actually, there is at least one Canadian expat at the Embassy as chief visa officer at present. However, most applications for temporary statuses (work/study/visit) are processed in Ankara. The visa office in Cairo seems to do work like conducting interviews (any applicable category), fraud detection, and managing high-litigation risk cases.

H O N E S T

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Category........
anytimebutnow said:
Some Egyptian Express Entry applications never end up in the hands of the Cairo visa office. Some paper-based PR applications still do (these are 2014 FSW/CEC applications that are still incomplete, plus some Provincial Nominations (especially investors).

If you submit your passport for travel document to the Cairo visa office after your PR is approved, you are inviting them to review every single part of your file so its easier and safer to just send it to Ottawa.
wow there are new details I have just known about.. I remember I saw one egyptian applicant in a spreadsheet who got ppr after 2.5 months of AOR date! so we are supposed to wait more than 6 month + our OINP waiting time! I guess there is no consular office since they changed the embassy's location from garden city to nile city towers

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
H O N E S T said:
wow there are new details I have just known about.. I remember I saw one egyptian applicant in a spreadsheet who got ppr after 2.5 months of AOR date! so we are supposed to wait more than 6 month + our OINP waiting time! I guess there is no consular office since they changed the embassy's location from garden city to nile city towers
oinp are completely random time-wise in processing applications

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
anytimebutnow said:
The consular section will always exist in Egypt (in some form or another) because it serves Canadians who need help abroad. I think you meant to say the 'visa section' is no longer here.

Actually, there is at least one Canadian expat at the Embassy as chief visa officer at present. However, most applications for temporary statuses (work/study/visit) are processed in Ankara. The visa office in Cairo seems to do work like conducting interviews (any applicable category), fraud detection, and managing high-litigation risk cases.
No, I meant consular section.
there was no visa office here, there's only "officers" for interviews and such but a visa office which grants the visa and stamp it was never in Egypt at all.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
anytimebutnow said:

How do you choose where to send,do we have the choice

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Wolverine17 said:
How do you choose where to send,do we have the choice
they allocate it according to their work load

anytimebutnow

Jan 1, 2016
"Consular assistance" is help and advice provided by the diplomatic agents of a country to citizens of that country who are living or traveling overseas. Such assistance may take the form of: provision of replacement travel documents. advice and support in the case of an accident, serious illness or death. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consular_assistance

The consular section has nothing to do with visas or immigration.

There has always been visa officers in Cairo and you can find more information about them on the federal worker directory at the website for Foreign Affairs and Trade Development Canada.

The FSW applications that I have seen (many) are invited to send the passport to Ottawa for travel document. This is problematic because some applicants cannot buy a pre-paid envelope to return the passports back to Cairo after they are stamped. The passport request letter offers an alternative, to submit the passport to your nearest embassy to have the travel document placed inside. Electing this option and sending your passport to the Canadian embassy in Cairo opens you up to having the entire application reviewed again. My only point was that it may be beneficial to send the passport to Canada and not let a visa officer here mess you up.

Moh.Salem

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
maged_mmh said:
what about the medicals expiry?? :eek:

Aren't you supposed to land before they expire?
hahahaaa thats true :D "Dream killers" . The whole idea is that visa officers in Cairo, are aided by people experienced with the Egyptian forms. They can easily detect fraud that including (fake bank statements, fake experience letters, and all other documents within the application). I was denied a student visa to canada last year and the rejection came from the Cairo Office. Indeed most cases are processed outside Egypt, since we are one of the countries with limited computer access system for the express entry for instance. However, i think that now they are able to process various visas including EE immigration. just make sure your papers are bullet proof and hope for the best!

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
anytimebutnow said:
"Consular assistance" is help and advice provided by the diplomatic agents of a country to citizens of that country who are living or traveling overseas. Such assistance may take the form of: provision of replacement travel documents. advice and support in the case of an accident, serious illness or death. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consular_assistance

The consular section has nothing to do with visas or immigration.

There has always been visa officers in Cairo and you can find more information about them on the federal worker directory at the website for Foreign Affairs and Trade Development Canada.

The FSW applications that I have seen (many) are invited to send the passport to Ottawa for travel document. This is problematic because some applicants cannot buy a pre-paid envelope to return the passports back to Cairo after they are stamped. The passport request letter offers an alternative, to submit the passport to your nearest embassy to have the travel document placed inside. Electing this option and sending your passport to the Canadian embassy in Cairo opens you up to having the entire application reviewed again. My only point was that it may be beneficial to send the passport to Canada and not let a visa officer here mess you up.
I never said the consular section handles immigrants applications!

What I said is just that: they do not have a consular here anymore, just embassy, how do I know? Simply from our Canadian coworkers, they ought to write/send/travel to Turkey each time they have something to do that cannot be done online. BTW, this was not the case before 2011, I hope it's clear.

As for the visa office; I never even once saw a CoPR stamped by Cairo, that's why I "think" what they have here are just agents not decision makers to grant of refuse an application.

for the prepaid envelope: do we need to secure that ourselves? any idea how?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Wolverine17 said:
Ok now am a little confused ,what decides where the visas are processed,our nationality of the country of current residency?
your current place of residence. e.g. Inland applicants are all handled by Nova Scotia office or New York office regardless of their nationalities.