+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Egyptian Citizens inland and outland, let's Connect here

S

sutyfornow

Did anybody encounter the canadian officer calling at work or previous work to make sure about your experience?

Mhmd

Dec 3, 2016
Shabab,

Is deposit certificates(شهادات ادخار)acceptable as a proof of funds?

If yes, kindly check the question below.

Unfortunately, the bank (البنك الاهلي)does not provide the position for the last 6 months for it and it provides the deposit certificates details only on the current position , noting that the bank statement does not include any details about the deposit certificates as it includes only the current accounts in the bank, is this will lead the application to be rejected? Please advise

Appreciate your prompt support as we have received the ITA on 16-11 wel wa7ed ba2a m panic akher 7aga :D

Reactions: loonymango

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Mhmd said:
Shabab,

Is deposit certificates(شهادات ادخار)acceptable as a proof of funds?

If yes, kindly check the question below.

Unfortunately, the bank (البنك الاهلي)does not provide the position for the last 6 months for it and it provides the deposit certificates details only on the current position , noting that the bank statement does not include any details about the deposit certificates as it includes only the current accounts in the bank, is this will lead the application to be rejected? Please advise

Appreciate your prompt support as we have received the ITA on 16-11 wel wa7ed ba2a m panic akher 7aga :D

Hello Mhmd first of all congrats on your ITA and best of luck until PR:)

As far as I know, CIC requires a bank statement that has the following:

Last 6 months
no sudden cash flow last 6 months (unless you provide the reason)
Your name (obviously)
Banks' name and contact details (phone, email and fax if available)
Be on bank letterhead and stamped by official seal
Covering the cash requirements depending on the number of your family members

Mine is CIB, at first I went to my branch and requested it, they gave me a bank statement that didn't look official (I could've done a better job with microsoft word) but it was stamped. And it didn't cover last 6 months, it didn't show my deposit (Wadee3a) or credit card, basically it just says that this person has this amount of money..

I went to a different branch and they offered the same statement, when I insisted the customer service clerk said thats all I have.. I went to a different one and to cut the story short they CAN give you what you want, just tell them I'm travelling and Canadian embassy insists on these requirements, I must have them

so 5 mins later I received something called customer accounts certificate, it had the bank logo and all contact details, my full name and accounts' numbers, all my accounts, credit cards and deposits (shahadat ed5ar for you should appear as well) and then they stamped it, it's 4 pages of ALL my accounts and balance activities for 6 months (or since the start even if I wanted)

Your bank has it too but Al-Ahli is very busy they probably wanted to skip you to the next customer.. Just insist and don't leave until it's done.

And finally its normal to worry too much at this stage specially if you're applying without an attorney, I'm only 2 weeks ahead of you (ITA in October) so just make sure you read instructions carefully and upload the correct documents, and feel free to ask anything here.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
sutyfornow said:
Did anybody encounter the canadian officer calling at work or previous work to make sure about your experience?
My friend was FSW Outland living in Egypt, applied last year and already landed, said no one contacted his work place at all.
But then again don't take that as a rule, from what I understand they call or visit in person your work place if they feel your info is false, or if it's incomplete (Like job duties, they may call your boss to ask him about them)
OR they pick random files and do the same.

mawcanada

Jan 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well guys I know most of us here have been waiting for ages, but the waiting now is getting me so anxious. I waiting for the pnp for nearly a year! I applied for the pr end of November so I guess I won't get anything before May since they say 6 months but I need to know as I have two kids and a job that I will leave. I didn't pay the RPRF on purpose so when I get request (should happen anytime now) I would at least know my application is moving forward. Just venting I know no one has answers.... but the not knowing state is crazy especially with having to secure dollars at the current exchange rate and not knowing if the rate will go up or down the coming months.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
mawcanada said:
Well guys I know most of us here have been waiting for ages, but the waiting now is getting me so anxious. I waiting for the pnp for nearly a year! I applied for the pr end of November so I guess I won't get anything before May since they say 6 months but I need to know as I have two kids and a job that I will leave. I didn't pay the RPRF on purpose so when I get request (should happen anytime now) I would at least know my application is moving forward. Just venting I know no one has answers.... but the not knowing state is crazy especially with having to secure dollars at the current exchange rate and not knowing if the rate will go up or down the coming months.
Hang in there friend, I know it's a very stressful time, I myself check my email 6 times a day knowing that I still have 4 months to hear anything but one can't help it.

I too didnt pay rprf on purpose, I received the request for it 10 days after AOR, which was very quick as usually it takes a months or so, but my application is pretty straightforward (a single applicant, one job) yet I haven't heard a thing from them since and this wait is driving me insane as well, I'm actually considering requesting GCSM notes soon, I know i shouldn't at this time but I need to know whats going on exactly.

And the $ situation is a whoooole other headache, plane tickets now cost a fortune, and for buying $ the rates are crazy, then there's the landing and looking for a job, settling down its a long journey, but it'll all pass, my friends immigrated the last few years have experienced the same stress and worrying, and it's alright now. With the current situation in Egypt I can't see any other option than leaving for good.

mawcanada

Jan 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heathcliff77 said:
Hang in there friend, I know it's a very stressful time, I myself check my email 6 times a day knowing that I still have 4 months to hear anything but one can't help it.

I too didnt pay rprf on purpose, I received the request for it 10 days after AOR, which was very quick as usually it takes a months or so, but my application is pretty straightforward (a single applicant, one job) yet I haven't heard a thing from them since and this wait is driving me insane as well, I'm actually considering requesting GCSM notes soon, I know i shouldn't at this time but I need to know whats going on exactly.

And the $ situation is a whoooole other headache, plane tickets now cost a fortune, and for buying $ the rates are crazy, then there's the landing and looking for a job, settling down its a long journey, but it'll all pass, my friends immigrated the last few years have experienced the same stress and worrying, and it's alright now. With the current situation in Egypt I can't see any other option than leaving for good.
Totally agree, for me I am a family of four, I have two kids so planning for their future, and I guess with the current situation we all want to get out. We have no option but to wait. Thanks for the words of encouragements.

icc95

Sep 29, 2015
Mmkn 7d ysa3dni hena?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cost-of-a-shared-bedroom-in-toronto-t465299.0.html;msg5645699#msg5645699

mawcanada

Jan 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
icc95 said:
Mmkn 7d ysa3dni hena?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cost-of-a-shared-bedroom-in-toronto-t465299.0.html;msg5645699#msg5645699

Cost of a shared bedroom in Toronto?
« on: December 14, 2016, 11:50:25 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
I'm looking for a shared bedroom near to Centennial college with heat, water, internet...etc

If you know how to find one please say right away, also I want to know the cost of living fees per year (Food, transportation, entertainment...etc)
Report to moderator Logged
Check the site condos.ca it is very good for renting. I had friends try it and I am using it these days. If you don't have credit history and can't secure renting, you could try airbnb to rent short term for like a couple of months until you are able to rent permanently. As for living costs for a family of two I heard an average 2500-3000 monthly should be ok for food, transportation and entertainment,

Mhmd

Dec 3, 2016
Heathcliff77 said:
Hello Mhmd first of all congrats on your ITA and best of luck until PR:)

As far as I know, CIC requires a bank statement that has the following:

Last 6 months
no sudden cash flow last 6 months (unless you provide the reason)
Your name (obviously)
Banks' name and contact details (phone, email and fax if available)
Be on bank letterhead and stamped by official seal
Covering the cash requirements depending on the number of your family members

Mine is CIB, at first I went to my branch and requested it, they gave me a bank statement that didn't look official (I could've done a better job with microsoft word) but it was stamped. And it didn't cover last 6 months, it didn't show my deposit (Wadee3a) or credit card, basically it just says that this person has this amount of money..

I went to a different branch and they offered the same statement, when I insisted the customer service clerk said thats all I have.. I went to a different one and to cut the story short they CAN give you what you want, just tell them I'm travelling and Canadian embassy insists on these requirements, I must have them

so 5 mins later I received something called customer accounts certificate, it had the bank logo and all contact details, my full name and accounts' numbers, all my accounts, credit cards and deposits (shahadat ed5ar for you should appear as well) and then they stamped it, it's 4 pages of ALL my accounts and balance activities for 6 months (or since the start even if I wanted)

Your bank has it too but Al-Ahli is very busy they probably wanted to skip you to the next customer.. Just insist and don't leave until it's done.

And finally its normal to worry too much at this stage specially if you're applying without an attorney, I'm only 2 weeks ahead of you (ITA in October) so just make sure you read instructions carefully and upload the correct documents, and feel free to ask anything here.
Thanks a lot Heathcliff77 for ur great support and best of luck to you too :)

Really I said that I need it for Canada immigration and I showed them the screen shot that I took for the requirements from the CIC site but they said "they cannot as their system doesn't provide it" ... I will try again at another branch w ISA fe nafs el m3ad el sana el gyah kolena net2anl fe 2ahwet el masryeen ely f Canada :D

Many thanks again bro,

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Mhmd said:
Thanks a lot Heathcliff77 for ur great support and best of luck to you too :)

Really I said that I need it for Canada immigration and I showed them the screen shot that I took for the requirements from the CIC site but they said "they cannot as their system doesn't provide it" ... I will try again at another branch w ISA fe nafs el m3ad el sana el gyah kolena net2anl fe 2ahwet el masryeen ely f Canada :D

Many thanks again bro,
Haha there are a lot of Egyptians in Toronto now, I'm sure theres a society growing

I heard the exact same response at CIB, only got my letter on the third attempt, and it was exactly as I wanted it to be

S

sutyfornow

Heathcliff77 said:
Haha there are a lot of Egyptians in Toronto now, I'm sure theres a society growing

I heard the exact same response at CIB, only got my letter on the third attempt, and it was exactly as I wanted it to be
So you mean that shedat l edkhar with profits can work?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
strange.. CIB issued the certificate in 2 hours in my case with no hassle, Mall of Arabia branch

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
sutyfornow said:
So you mean that shedat l edkhar with profits can work?
The rule is, if they money is yours, liquid and can be withdrawn, it works. I'm not sure what exactly shahadet ed5ar does, but it should be mentioned by the bank in the bank statement issued