+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effect on temporary visa with Refugee claimant withdrawal

Papri

Mar 24, 2017
Hi,
My friend withdrew his refugee claimant application while he was in Canada. His passport was also withdrawn from CBS. Then he came back home. He has a 5 years multiple visa which is still valid for another 3 years. If he wants to travel again to Canada with the purpose of visit only for 2 to 3 weeks will he have problems entering Canada? Any information will be really helpful. Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Papri said:
Hi,
My friend withdrew his refugee claimant application while he was in Canada. His passport was also withdrawn from CBS. Then he came back home. He has a 5 years multiple visa which is still valid for another 3 years. If he wants to travel again to Canada with the purpose of visit only for 2 to 3 weeks will he have problems entering Canada? Any information will be really helpful. Thank you.
1. Yes, it is quite possible that CBSA on entry will refuse him as a "non genuine visitor" Although with a valid TRV (he better check that it hasn't been cancelled) he will have appeal rights.

Aseer

Apr 1, 2016
Papri said:
Hi,
Could you please tell me that hiw long the withdrawal process took time. And what was the procedure followed when he was leaving Canada at airport?. Did he face any problems at his back home country airport upon arrival? Please waiting for the reply.

Papri

Mar 24, 2017
The withdrawal process took 2 days. Before leaving the ticket was faxed to CBSA and they handed him his passport at the airport. He didn’t have problems coming back to his home country.

zakout76

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2009
hi ,how is all?for examble i withdraw on 01apr when i can travel? i take 1 week to take my passport? cbsa they will arrange ticket or i have to buy the ticket?
thanks