+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effect of US visa revocation on Canada PR

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Sandy,
I don’t have any update yet but I guess it shouldn’t be a problem as long as you declare it in your application (if asked).
As far as I know, only questions that we have to answer in the Canada visa application relating to our immigration history is regarding any visa refusal or deportation from any country.
And I don't think that visa revocation is counted as a refusal.
Are you out of your mind? Visa revocation means you have lost your status. You must leave US, if you stay here that's unlawful presence.

Reactions: minnie99

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Are you out of your mind? Visa revocation means you have lost your status. You must leave US, if you stay here that's unlawful presence.
No, I am not out of my mind!
Visa is only used for entry into the US, and not for maintaining legal status.
For F-1, as long as you have an active sevis status then you are staying legally.
I know so many people whose visa were revoked last year are staying lawfully and also had their stem opt application approved by USCIS. They cannot leave the country and simply return back, they need a new visa for entry.
It all depends on how long were you associated with one of those companies.
Having a visa revoked is a red flag but you can also be a victim and if you can explain your case then you are good to go.

Reactions: xander78

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
No, I am not out of my mind!
Visa is only used for entry into the US, and not for maintaining legal status.
For F-1, as long as you have an active sevis status then you are staying legally.
I know so many people whose visa were revoked last year are staying lawfully and also had their stem opt application approved by USCIS. They cannot leave the country and simply return back, they need a new visa for entry.
It all depends on how long were you associated with one of those companies.
Having a visa revoked is a red flag but you can also be a victim and if you can explain your case then you are good to go.
I know the difference between visa and status, but f1 is revoked one has to apply for reinstatement.
It is literally unheard of F1 or H1b to be revoked(inside US). Please talk to a good lawyer, this may have some effect on the PCC. And no one cares how long you were associated with these companies.

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
I know the difference between visa and status, but f1 is revoked one has to apply for reinstatement.
It is literally unheard of F1 or H1b to be revoked(inside US). Please talk to a good lawyer, this may have some effect on the PCC. And no one cares how long you were associated with these companies.
You don`t always need to apply for reinstatement. If you want to believe this, this does not have an effect on the PCC and you can continue to argue but it depends on how long you were associated with the company and if you have a genuine explanation for your case. I am not an immigration consultant and one should not take my response as legal advice, these are all my personal views. That`s all I got to say at the moment.

souadfr

Sep 15, 2022
Hi guys,

i got this probleme while i was already PR.

It will affect my citzenship ? what was the reason of your revocation ? i guess if you got your PR,i will not have a problem to get my citzenship ?

Khush3009

Sep 11, 2018
Hi guys,

i got this probleme while i was already PR.

It will affect my citzenship ? what was the reason of your revocation ? i guess if you got your PR,i will not have a problem to get my citzenship ?
Hello
Did you apply for your citizenship? I am in a similar situation.