+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effect of Applying for PR on US H1B

anshulinpc

Dec 8, 2008
Hii,

I do have a doubt here, i am holding H1B visa and residing in US since last 1 year. I am planning to apply for Canadian PR under AINP program in Jan'09. But also i am planning to change my employer in US after applying for PR so i need to transfer my visa to other company. i wanted to know whether it will affect processing of PR if i transfer my H1B visa during the period of PR processing.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Regards,
AS

anshulinpc

Dec 8, 2008
Hi All,

Please help me out on this. This question can be better answered by the guys who have worked in US on H1B..

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Regards,
AS

abhi_hola

Star Member
Nov 16, 2008
If you are performing same job functions before & after your change of employers & you fall under the AB occupation under pressure, you should see no impact.
You will have to provide your proof of employment; so pls ensure you have your latest paystubs from either cos.
Thanks

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
anshulinpc said:
Hi All,

Please help me out on this. This question can be better answered by the guys who have worked in US on H1B..

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Regards,
AS
So people who WORK FOR THE PROVINCIAL GOVERMENTS are not qualified to answer this????,Even if they know the managers of the AINP.Remember guys like us DECIDE if you come in or not.Google Alberta Minister Hector Goudreau and let me know what you think

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
anshulinpc said:
Hi All,

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Regards,
AS
I agree with BCGuy that the statement is a bit offensive. Most of the forum members have been asking for valuable advise from BCGuy. Actually the question is simple, same job with same visa, what should be the concern there?

anshulinpc

Dec 8, 2008
Hey Guys,

I did not mean that way!! Please don't misinterpret me.. i am sorry if i hurt u..

I beg my pardon for wrong statement if u felt it was offensive.

Thanks,

Regards,
AS

anshulinpc

Dec 8, 2008
Actually what i meant to ask is: suppose i am applying for PR in Jan'09 and and have provided my current employer's approval notice from INS. just after applying for PR i change my employer in US so i will get new approval (I197) from INS. So it will differ from the approval (I197) notice that i have provided for PR processing. Does it affect my PR processing?? So i thought somebody who might have faced this kind of scenario will better answer my question. Anyways, i beg my pardon if it hurts u. i did not mean to do so..

Sorrry!!

Thanks,

Regards,
AS

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Apology accepted,the reason I reacted is because I am involved with Immigration to BC and know the Alberta AINP people quite well,I will not affect your processing as long as you have supporting letters and documents explaining the discrepancy.People in my real job come in asking for help with their problems which I do for free since I am a civil servant.Good Luck

anshulinpc

Dec 8, 2008
Hello BCGuy,

I really appreciate your help. Even i should say, we are so lucky to have your guidance. When we feel helpless, you guys helps us from the front and shows us the right way. I am very much thankful for your such a great work to help others on the top of such a great technology.

Appreciate your help..

Thanks,

Regards,
AS