+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE - Work Experience

dhinu2489

Apr 23, 2019
Hi,

This may be a novice question but I am not clear on the process of calculating work experience from different fields of work.

My wife worked as a software engineer for 2 years and then she quit her job and did Masters in Business Administration. She then worked as a Business Analyst for one year after she graduated her MBA.
I would like to know whether her Software Engineer work experience will be taken into account for Express Entry profile, which would get her to 3 years of work experience.

Appreciate your response in advance.

eiden03

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Hi,

This may be a novice question but I am not clear on the process of calculating work experience from different fields of work.

My wife worked as a software engineer for 2 years and then she quit her job and did Masters in Business Administration. She then worked as a Business Analyst for one year after she graduated her MBA.
I would like to know whether her Software Engineer work experience will be taken into account for Express Entry profile, which would get her to 3 years of work experience.

Appreciate your response in advance.
Yes, she can. Any work experience in the last 10 years is valid as long as it's in either NOC A, B or C.

You just to have to consider that for FSW, you must have at least 1 year of continuous work experience in your primary NOC (she can use her software experience as primary) and then to fill up the full 3 years she can use any other experience, regardless of NOC or duration.

Reactions: dhinu2489

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Any work experience in the last 10 years is valid as long as it's in either NOC A, B or C
Wrong.
Any work experience in the last 10 years is valid as long as it is in either NOC 0, A, or B.
C and D will not be considered at all.

Reactions: eiden03

dhinu2489

Apr 23, 2019
Yes, she can. Any work experience in the last 10 years is valid as long as it's in either NOC A, B or C.

You just to have to consider that for FSW, you must have at least 1 year of continuous work experience in your primary NOC (she can use her software experience as primary) and then to fill up the full 3 years she can use any other experience, regardless of NOC or duration.
Thanks much eiden03.
Thanks Raja for pointing out the C and D job categories.

Raj Singhania

Feb 6, 2020
hi, can part time paid work(same NOC) done during my full time Masters count as work experience? I have 1 yr exp before my masters as well?