+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE says my profile is ineligible with the following info..

michealnikola

Nov 12, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am 26year old and I completed a master's degree in Newfoundland in August, got a full time Category A job this month in Saskatoon (my understanding is you get 50 point for job offer in Canada) . I have taken the IELTS and these are my score:

Speaking: 8.0
Listening: 8.5
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 7.0

I have one year full time work experience in an NOC category A job from my country before coming to Canada. Using the CRS ranking tool gives me 461. However, I have filled in my profile and i was found ineligible for express entry three times. Can anyone point out what I am doing wrong?

Thanks alot

michealnikola

Nov 12, 2016
Calculate your points in the link below. If you get 67+ you are eligible.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
Thank you so much for your reply

Using the link below, Below are the summary of my score under the 6 factors
For CLB, I converted my IELTS
Speaking: 8.0
Listening: 8.5
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 7.0
on the CLB chart and I had 24 points
For Education, I have a master's degree completed June of 2017 in canada which is 23 points

For experience, using one year IT admin officer experience from my country I have 9 points

For age, I am 26 years old which equals 12 points

For Job offer , I completed my program in June and got a job offer as a software quality assurance analyst (NOC A, 2171) this week so that is 10 points. I don't think I need any LMIA because Post graduate work permit are exempted. (Not sure though)

My master's degree is from Canada so that is additional 5 points

In total that is 83 points. Even without the 10 points from the job offer I still have 73 points I am really confused as to why I am deemed ineligible. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you

michealnikola

Nov 12, 2016
Calculate your points in the link below. If you get 67+ you are eligible.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
Thank you so much for your reply

Using the link below, Below are the summary of my score under the 6 factors
For CLB, I converted my IELTS
Speaking: 8.0 which is clb 6
Listening: 8.5 which is clb 6
Reading: 6.0 which is clb 4
Writing: 7.0 which is clb 6
on the CLB chart and I had 22 points
For Education, I have a master's degree completed June of 2017 in canada which is 23 points

For experience, using one year IT admin officer experience from my country I have 9 points

For age, I am 26 years old which equals 12 points

For Job offer , I completed my program in June and got a job offer as a software quality assurance analyst (NOC A, 2171) this week so that is 10 points. I don't think I need any LMIA because Post graduate work permit are exempted. (Not sure though)

My master's degree is from Canada so that is additional 5 points

In total that is 81 points. Even without the 10 points from the job offer I still have 71 points I am really confused as to why I am deemed ineligible. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
As others have said, you don't qualify for 10 points as your work permit is PGWP.

Also if you completed only 1 year of study in Canada, you do not qualify for 5 points. It has to be atleast 2 years of study.

And your points for language is 22 not 24.

michealnikola

Nov 12, 2016
You don't get 24 points for language as you don't have CLB 9+ in ALL skills. Calculate this again for each skill individually. For example, IELTS Reading 6.0 is CLB Reading 7 which is 4 points only, etc.
I also believe that you can't get 10 points for arranged employment with PGWP.
. Thannk you for pointing out my error i appreciate it. However, I did a recalculation and even without pgwp job offer, I still had 71 points so can you help with what my problem is?

michealnikola

Nov 12, 2016
As others have said, you don't qualify for 10 points as your work permit is PGWP.

Also if you completed only 1 year of study in Canada, you do not qualify for 5 points. It has to be atleast 2 years of study.

And your points for language is 22 not 24.
Thank you so much for your feedback. My master's is two years degree and I have recalculated the language and others which gives a total point of 71 excluding my new pgwp job offer

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
What did you answer to this question:

Was more than half the study program English or French as a second language courses?

Also how much money did you show as proof of funds?

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
You should answer YES only if you were studying an ESL/FSL course. These are courses for new English/French learners. And these courses do not give you 5 points.

You should answer NO if you were doing masters in business/engineering/arts/sciences etc

michealnikola

Nov 12, 2016
You should answer YES only if you were studying an ESL/FSL course. These are courses for new English/French learners. And these courses do not give you 5 points.

You should answer NO if you were doing masters in business/engineering/arts/sciences etc
May be this has been the problem all along. I am filling the form all over again and i will let you know.....thank you so much

michealnikola

Nov 12, 2016
May be this has been the problem all along. I am filling the form all over again and i will let you know.....thank you so much
Unfortunately, It still says not eligible.....I think I will just wait till I have one year experience on this job. It is just really frustrating. Thank you so much for your help. The most confusing part is crs tool currently says I have 461 with the job offer, excluding the job offer it is 414. Both I think should be enough to at least get into the pool. It's just so confusing. Thank you so much and i really appreciate your help

michealnikola

Nov 12, 2016
1 - Do you meet the required funds?
2 - What is your score under the six selection factors? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
3 - Regarding your valid job offer - do you have LMIA or an employer specific work permit?
4 - Do you have a year of continuous work experience in your primary NOC?
1. YES
2. 71 point overall (excluding job offer)
3. PGWP holders are not qualified according to what I have read so far. Although It is a full time offer as a software quality assurance analyst noc A, 2171. Adding 10 point I had 81, removing 10 point I had 71
4. YES I worked as an IT admin officer from November 2013 to November 2014