+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Question - PR LMIA Express Entry profile

jenjenjenn

Feb 18, 2020
Hello All,

I have been working in this company for past two years and recently decided to ask them for the LMIA. My company has just got approved for the LMIA for my pr process. Since I have still a valid open permit (PGWP), we did not apply for work permit extension.
In that case, what is going to be the right answers for the below questions?

1. Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

YES

or

NO

2. Which of these categories does OOO(my name)'s job fall under?

No work permit required
Work permit required, but no LMIA required
Work permit and LMIA required

What I understand is that I have been already working full time and just got LMIA number but it is not under my current work permit I guess? Or now my job requires me to have both work permit and LMIA required.

3. Proof of Funds

I do not have enough fund like over $12000. As I have a valid job offer, I won't need to show proof of funds?

Hey all,
thanks for all your help in advance.
Looking forward to hearing back.

Cheers,

Jenny

Reactions: Pgill2609

wherethestorystarts

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
3. If you have a valid job offer with LMIA, it's not necessary to show funds in your bank. But you may have to provide a job offer letter and an explanation letter in that section.

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
Hello All,

I have been working in this company for past two years and recently decided to ask them for the LMIA. My company has just got approved for the LMIA for my pr process. Since I have still a valid open permit (PGWP), we did not apply for work permit extension.
In that case, what is going to be the right answers for the below questions?

1. Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

YES

or

NO

2. Which of these categories does OOO(my name)'s job fall under?

No work permit required
Work permit required, but no LMIA required
Work permit and LMIA required

What I understand is that I have been already working full time and just got LMIA number but it is not under my current work permit I guess? Or now my job requires me to have both work permit and LMIA required.

3. Proof of Funds

I do not have enough fund like over $12000. As I have a valid job offer, I won't need to show proof of funds?

Hey all,
thanks for all your help in advance.
Looking forward to hearing back.

Cheers,

Jenny
Why isn't it under your current work permit you only have one work permit open one right

jenjenjenn

Feb 18, 2020
3. If you have a valid job offer with LMIA, it's not necessary to show funds in your bank. But you may have to provide a job offer letter and an explanation letter in that section.

Thanks for your reply. So in that case, should I still put whatever number shown on the website like 12K or I can input how much I have in my bank account even though it is way less than 12K?

Thanks.

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
Thanks for your reply. So in that case, should I still put whatever number shown on the website like 12K or I can input how much I have in my bank account even though it is way less than 12K?

Thanks.
If you applying got cec you can put what you have either way this can be seen as incorrect

jenjenjenn

Feb 18, 2020
If you applying got cec you can put what you have either way this can be seen as incorrect

Another Questions..

What should I answer..

Q1. Is Jenny's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit ?

NO? since it is PGWP??

Q2. Has Jenny been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)

NO I guess with same reason above?

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
Another Questions..

What should I answer..

Q1. Is Jenny's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit ?

NO? since it is PGWP??

Q2. Has Jenny been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)

NO I guess with same reason above?
It they are not named then no
Have you been for the emplyer over 1 year then yes

Reactions: jenjenjenn

jenjenjenn

Feb 18, 2020
It they are not named then no
Have you been for the emplyer over 1 year then yes
Thanks for your prompt answer.
I have been working in the same company for past two years and this company offered me the LMIA (not work permit included)
I guess I could answer NO to those questions as my work permit is which I got after my graduation and said no specific employer's name here?

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
I have been working in the same company for past two years and this company offered me the LMIA (not work permit included)
I guess I could answer NO to those questions as my work permit is which I got after my graduation and said no specific employer's name here?
An lmia supports your job offer it has nothing to.do with your valid.work.permit. so because you have a pgwp it is not emyee specific however you have worked.for them.for.a.year or so

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
An lmia supports your job offer it has nothing to.do with your valid.work.permit. so because you have a pgwp it is not emyee specific however you have worked.for them.for.a.year or so
Sorry my bad it will.be no to.both because you don't have emplyer name on permit

Sukh0556

Jan 14, 2023
Could you please help me for this same situation