+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Profile - Work History Question

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, I have couple of question about filing my EE profile and specifically around work history.

1. under work history the first section is occupation where you have two question.
First one is Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code)
This means the job XYZ has experience in and wants to base the immigration application on. This is how we will determine your eligibility for federal programs. You will need to know the job title and the NOC for the primary occupation and for any other jobs you add, as well as for any job offer
For this I am entering NOC 2174 as that's what my experience is.

Second one is Date XYZ first became qualified to practice in this occupation
If the "primary occupation" is:
a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.) For this I entered 2011 June, because this is when I completed my Bachelor Degree in Computer Science.

My question is should I be entering the date when I graduated from school or the one I entered is correct which the date I completed my bachelor for computer science.

2. I have One and Half year of foreign work experince (NOC 2174), out of which 1 year is part time (20 hrs/week) which overlaps with my bachelor education (June/2010 to June/2011) and rest 6 months is full time (40hrs/week) (July/2011 - Dec 2011). I have two question about this work experince.

How do I put this work experience under work history since some portion of work is part time and some full time, what dates should I use as start and end date.? and what should I put under hours per week.?

Another doubt I have for this work experience is, As per noc 2174 description minimum requirement for employment is bachelor or specialized computer programming degree. In My case I only got that degree and become eligible for 2174 is after June/2011, so does that mean experience that I have prior to that is not useful for EE.?

Please provide your suggestion/comments as this will make major difference in my CRS. so far I am concerned to use this experience becuase I am afraid to get my application rejected.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simplynd2804 said:
My question is should I be entering the date when I graduated from school or the one I entered is correct which the date I completed my bachelor for computer science.

The latter is correct.

2. I have One and Half year of foreign work experince (NOC 2174), out of which 1 year is part time (20 hrs/week) which overlaps with my bachelor education (June/2010 to June/2011) and rest 6 months is full time (40hrs/week) (July/2011 - Dec 2011). I have two question about this work experince.

How do I put this work experience under work history since some portion of work is part time and some full time, what dates should I use as start and end date.? and what should I put under hours per week.?

Exactly as you've mentioned it here. 2 separate entries - the first one will be for 20 hours/week and the second one for 40 hours/week. Counting both of those, you'll be credited with 14 months of work experience (6 months of full time + 8 months of full time equivalent).

Another doubt I have for this work experience is, As per noc 2174 description minimum requirement for employment is bachelor or specialized computer programming degree. In My case I only got that degree and become eligible for 2174 is after June/2011, so does that mean experience that I have prior to that is not useful for EE.?

Minimum requirement for employment doesn't apply to your PR application. Both experiences will be legit if you can support them with valid reference letters.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad, I do have reference letter and since it's foreign experience and foreign education, I think it's still okay even if they both overlaps.

Thanks again.

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
is it ok to get points for foreign work experience full time even if i was studying bachelors degree at the same time?

it considers full time right?
simplynd2804 said:
Thanks Asivad, I do have reference letter and since it's foreign experience and foreign education, I think it's still okay even if they both overlaps.

Thanks again.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varinder1717 said:
is it ok to get points for foreign work experience full time even if i was studying bachelors degree at the same time?

it considers full time right?
Yes, working experience during studies OUTSIDE of Canada does count.

Cheers :)

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have similar experience as OP mentioned here and I created two entries in EE profile and got 0 points. What I have to do now.? ( http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/didnt-got-any-points-for-foreign-work-experience-t465417.0.html )

simplynd did you got points for your foreign experience.?