+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Profile NOC 1123 (Com Officer) with possible NOC 0632 (Cook) LMIA

pimpsquek

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Guys need your advice on this. I do have an EE profle with eligibility on FSW because of the experience that I have for 8yrs as a Communication Officer back in my country. I am currently standing at 347 CRS points. Right now I am working as a Food Counter Attendant for 1yr presently. Now I do have an offer for a possible LMIA as a Cook which is counted as a Semi-Skilled worker.

Now the question is can I use the LMIA (cook) to my EE profile (with regards on what I mention above?) It would make my CRS above 900+ (+600 pts for the LMIA)

Would CIC question me if I would work as a Cook even my eligibility on the EE profile is for a Communications Officer?

Or just take the LMIA as a normal application (not EE) then apply again for EE after gaining experience for CEC? TIA Guys! Best of luck!

alde81

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
you need 1 yr exp as a cook or skilled to be eligible for cec..,take that lmia..cook is skilled not semi skilled.

pimpsquek

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
alde81 said:
you need 1 yr exp as a cook or skilled to be eligible for cec..,take that lmia..cook is skilled not semi skilled.
Thanks Alde81 for the reply! In short I can not use that LMIA (cook) for my FSW profile?

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just asking a question to you since i am on NOC 1123.

I can read you have 8 years of experience in communication officer NOC so why are you working as food counter attendant ?

It would be great if you can help me resolve this doubt.