+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Profile creation queries - name, freelance, PoF

hafizkn

Apr 9, 2023
Hi, I am planning to apply for me and my family:
Wife - primary applicant, currently on a study permit in Canada. course will finish April 2023
Me - Open Work Permit. will complete 1 year of working in Canada in June 2023
Kids - 4yo, 2yo

1) In my passport, there's only a Given Name and no surname. While entering my details in the application, should I enter the full name as surname and leave the given name field blank?

2) My wife has international work experience as a civil engineer with companies(2.25 years) and as a freelancer(2 years) in the same NOC code. she also has work experience as a math tutor(1.5 years) in a different NOC code. Since only up to 3 years of work experience is awarded CRS points, thinking of leaving out the math tutor part to reduce the burden of employer references. Is this fine?

3) Since her civil engineer work ex with companies is less than 3 years, will need to show the freelance part as well to get max points. How to show employer references for freelance work though? she didn't register a company

4) When entering my details, since international experience does not count towards CRS points, should I even include it? And even if I include my experiences, does that mean I'll need to get employer references from all employer references that I show in the application? Doable, but want to reduce the hassle as much as possible

5) Will we need to show proof of funds since we are in Canada already? My wife(student) is the primary applicant