+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE - PCC from India - PSK issued PCC no longer acceptable?

taral80

Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP Nov 2015
AOR Received.
19th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
22nd April 2016
i took the PCC from PSK mumbai. I submitted the profile 3 days back...Lets see...this kind of confusion is so scary...after so much of hard work...
My experience: My passport was new and my address verification was pending. So When i went to take PCC at PSK Mumbai. They asked me to get the Address verification done by the local police station first. police verified my address etc. and sent my report to the PSK, i went back to PSK and my PCC was issued.During this process i realised that CID (Crime Investigation Department) is involved in this process. Unless CID gives confirmation on their central server (that the person has no criminal record) PCC will not be issued by the PSK (thats what i realised). In my wife's case she was issued PCC by the PSK on the spot because her passport was old and Address verification was done earlier. But if she had any criminal case against her, it would have showed on their central server and PSK would have rejected her PCC. That is what my understanding is... Since CID is involved in this process there should not be any problem. But the problem is whether CIC knows this or not....I hope they do...

cooldek1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I too submitted this Monday 21 Dec 2015 with PCC from PSK..My Medicals status changed to Review in Progress and they requested for Schedule 4 and 4A yesterday..Hence I m planning to submit these docs today.. Let's hope for the best..

taral80 said:
i took the PCC from PSK mumbai. I submitted the profile 3 days back...Lets see...this kind of confusion is so scary...after so much of hard work...
My experience: My passport was new and my address verification was pending. So When i went to take PCC at PSK Mumbai. They asked me to get the Address verification done by the local police station first. police verified my address etc. and sent my report to the PSK, i went back to PSK and my PCC was issued.During this process i realised that CID (Crime Investigation Department) is involved in this process. Unless CID gives confirmation on their central server (that the person has no criminal record) PCC will not be issued by the PSK (thats what i realised). In my wife's case she was issued PCC by the PSK on the spot because her passport was old and Address verification was done earlier. But if she had any criminal case against her, it would have showed on their central server and PSK would have rejected her PCC. That is what my understanding is... Since CID is involved in this process there should not be any problem. But the problem is whether CIC knows this or not....I hope they do...

letstry

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldek1986 said:
I too submitted this Monday 21 Dec 2015 with PCC from PSK..My Medicals status changed to Review in Progress and they requested for Schedule 4 and 4A yesterday..Hence I m planning to submit these docs today.. Let's hope for the best..
taral80 said:
Thanks both of you. Please keep us updated on your developments please...

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Hi Guys,

Need some assistance here on this complicated issue... i currently reside in pune for the last 2.5 years, prior i have resided in multiple cities in India, the address on my passport is not from pune. Now if i have to apply for a police clearance certificate do i need to visit the PSK site fill in the online form and visit them as per the date given or do i have to visit the local police commissioner office to get the certificate. do i need to get the plice clearance for me as the principle applicant or my entire family

Thanks in advance, and if any one from pune on this forum with a similar problem pls let me know ...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
IOS9.2 said:
Hi Guys,

Need some assistance here on this complicated issue... i currently reside in pune for the last 2.5 years, prior i have resided in multiple cities in India, the address on my passport is not from pune. Now if i have to apply for a police clearance certificate do i need to visit the PSK site fill in the online form and visit them as per the date given or do i have to visit the local police commissioner office to get the certificate. do i need to get the plice clearance for me as the principle applicant or my entire family

Thanks in advance, and if any one from pune on this forum with a similar problem pls let me know ...
You, your spouse and all children over 18 must submit a PCC (whether accompanying or not).

Here's the link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

deepaksood

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
15-12-2015
IOS9.2 said:
Hi Guys,

Buddy PSK PCC from Pune is sufficient. PSK officer will stamp your passport and give you report on A4 size paper. This PCC is not location specific and valid for you. Lastly, you need it for yourself as well your dependents above 18 years of age.

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
deepaksood said:
Buddy PSK PCC from Pune is sufficient. PSK officer will stamp your passport and give you report on A4 size paper. This PCC is not location specific and valid for you. Lastly, you need it for yourself as well your dependents above 18 years of age.
thanks for your inputs ..

saravsingh1

Oct 15, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
I am resident of Haryana, from where should I get a PCC, PSK or district police office?

Below link from CIC is not clear to me, I appreciate any help in this area? Many Thanks!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saravsingh1 said:
I am resident of Haryana, from where should I get a PCC, PSK or district police office?

Below link from CIC is not clear to me, I appreciate any help in this area? Many Thanks!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp
Local district police office or PSK.

deepaksood

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
15-12-2015
saravsingh1 said:

If PSK is present, get it from them.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saravsingh1 said:
Sir, how about the link from CIC which says get from District police office.
That link says you can get it from the police authorities. It doesn't say that you must get it from them. Get the PCC from passport authorities - some members have reported refusals based on PCC issued by police authorities because those PCCs are bound by location and/or time.

saravsingh1

Oct 15, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Ok, perfect!! Will approach PSK!!

Asivad Anac said:
That link says you can get it from the police authorities. It doesn't say that you must get it from them. Get the PCC from passport authorities - some members have reported refusals based on PCC issued by police authorities because those PCCs are bound by location and/or time.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
saravsingh1 said:

As others have advised, get it from PSK. PCC issued by the Commissioner's office is time/place bound and people have been rejected because of that.

siddhartha_gautama

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
I was in USA in 2014 for more than 6 months (more than 10 years back).

Do I need to produce FBI PCC ?

I see conflicting acquirement about PCC:
1. Do we need PCC from all countries where we lived after the age of 18 years or
2. Do we need PCC from all countries where we lived in last ten years ?