+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE OINP HCP stream

xx12138

Jul 5, 2022
Already mentioned!
Hi! Do you have any insight about why all HCP draws recently in this year were not CRS point ranges (e.g. 350-600, 460-467) anymore, instead by setting minimum CRS point, such as 496 and above?

At before, normally for HCP, the upper limit of CRS point was 467 so all EE candidates cannot be selected by normal EE draws can be selected by HCP stream. However, now the situation becomes setting lower limit of CRS point, so the EE candidates can be both selected EE draws and HCP stream.

In conclusion, do you have any thought on future HCP draws' CRS point range, for Tech draw and Priority Draw? I really appreciate your time!

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi! Do you have any insight about why all HCP draws recently in this year were not CRS point ranges (e.g. 350-600, 460-467) anymore, instead by setting minimum CRS point, such as 496 and above?

At before, normally for HCP, the upper limit of CRS point was 467 so all EE candidates cannot be selected by normal EE draws can be selected by HCP stream. However, now the situation becomes setting lower limit of CRS point, so the EE candidates can be both selected EE draws and HCP stream.

In conclusion, do you have any thought on future HCP draws' CRS point range, for Tech draw and Priority Draw? I really appreciate your time!
Hi,

This is because of a simple rule: high cut-off of federal draws. Once it gets lower, you're gonna witness the crs upper limit again.

xx12138

Jul 5, 2022
Hi,

This is because of a simple rule: high cut-off of federal draws. Once it gets lower, you're gonna witness the crs upper limit again.
Hi, thanks for your reply and I understand it's due to high cut-off of federal draws, but I don't understand why it became lower limit from upper limit. It seems like OINP is trying to attract the candidates who are also eligible for federal draws, which rarely happened before.

Alexkane

Star Member
Sep 15, 2021
Hi, thanks for your reply and I understand it's due to high cut-off of federal draws, but I don't understand why it became lower limit from upper limit. It seems like OINP is trying to attract the candidates who are also eligible for federal draws, which rarely happened before.
Such people would always go through the Federal route. That 496 OINP HCP draw didn't make sense.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Obviously, for inviting high skilled foreign workers to their province.

However, that OINP draw has been busted by this recent federal draw with exactly same cut-off of 496 and now, majority of the candidates would proceed with federal ITA: meaning a large amount of OINP invites are gonna be wasted. Consequently, OINP need to re-do its HCP draw; with a lower crs range !

So, be ready for another HCP draw in coming weeks.

Reactions: ImpatientDragon

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
Obviously, for inviting high skilled foreign workers to their province.

However, that OINP draw has been busted by this recent federal draw with exactly same cut-off of 496 and now, majority of the candidates would proceed with federal ITA: meaning a large amount of OINP invites are gonna be wasted. Consequently, OINP need to re-do its HCP draw; with a lower crs range !

So, be ready for another HCP draw in coming weeks.
What do you think the range would be?

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi everyone
I was filling my profile on Ontario website
in language section, I can choose either French or English
I selected English and inserted my Ielts score
where can I add my French exam results ?