+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE NOC 3012 Nurses

Granadoespada

Jan 14, 2015
Hi, I want to start a thread for Nurses.
I applied for EE and I got 419 points.
But I don't have a Registered Nurse license yet in Canada but I already passed the NCLEX.
I think I can't get a job offer unless I have a license, right?
I know that the quota has reached 1000 applicants in the FSW last 2014. So where are the Nurse applicants? I saw only
7 entries for 3012 NOC in the spreadsheet

Dabas B

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Hi
First Congrats on your score and NCLEX.

Are you from US?

To register in Canada, first you need to get your Nursing education assessed through NNAS (Google it for canada).They require IELTS Academic with overall score of 7 in each band if your first language is not English.

When applying through NNAS, you will need to select the province in which you would like to get Registered.NNAS will take around minimum of 2 months for this verification after they will provide you an advisory report.After that you will need to send all your documents to that particular nursing council.They will review your education and advisory report and if found suitable will process your application for registration.The registration process takes time from 3 month to max of 18 months. (NNAS time is not included in this)

If they found a lag between your country nursing education with that of canada, then you will asked for some bridging courses before registration process.

Granadoespada

Jan 14, 2015
I already applied in CRNBC before the NNAS started. So they gave me a letter of invitation to undergo the SEC but I tried scheduling it with Kwantlen University since last December 2013. And they said they had no funding and try again April 2014, so I asked an extension because my invitation was for 1 year only, but by April I was surprised that now it's no longer free and the fee was CAD$1700++, so I just used my visitor visa to go to Toronto. I didn't take the SEC because I had been reviewing for a long time and they kept saying no funding so I broke my studying and went for 20 days vacation in Toronto. Then I found a job and am now working in the UK but I still want to apply. But the deadline for my SEC is April 2015 and I can't get an annual leave from my work and I haven't been reviewing because after reviewing for the NCLEX and SEC I don't want to be constantly reviewing all my life. CRNBC emailed me before that I can get an extension if I provide a new IELTS. But when I inquired again, they said I've already been given an extension. I might be willing to take Academic IELTS again because I just took General IELTS last November 2014 for Express Entry. And then I might have to go through NNAS but World Education Services already evaluated my transcripts and said it's equal to two years Diploma...
I'm from the Philippines.

Dabas B

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Hi,

First of all for which country you have cleared Nclex-Rn exam? Surely it is not for Canada.Now next it, is it acceptable by CRNBC to accept this Nclex.
What i have understood is that during SEC exam they assess your entry level education to Nursing.In your case it seems that they will ask you for some kind of bridging program.

After doing SEC and bridging program, they will ask for Ielts and NClex docs.

In your case, it seems like that you will not have to undergo NNAS process because SEC is 2nd stage where as Assessment of documents by CRNBC is in 1st stage.

Granadoespada

Jan 14, 2015
Dabas B said:
Hi,

First of all for which country you have cleared Nclex-Rn exam? Surely it is not for Canada.Now next it, is it acceptable by CRNBC to accept this Nclex.
What i have understood is that during SEC exam they assess your entry level education to Nursing.In your case it seems that they will ask you for some kind of bridging program.

After doing SEC and bridging program, they will ask for Ielts and NClex docs.

In your case, it seems like that you will not have to undergo NNAS process because SEC is 2nd stage where as Assessment of documents by CRNBC is in 1st stage.
For which country I cleared the NCLEX, the USA. Is it acceptable by CRNBC to accept this NCLEX, according to CRNBC's website, yes. I submitted IELTS and license verification of NCLEX prior to getting the SEC invitation

Dabas B

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
I have small doubt. you said that Wes has given you a 2 year equivalency for your degree but your score 419.Hows that possible.Please do share your break up of points

Granadoespada

Jan 14, 2015
Age 88
Education 120 i also have Architecture bachelor degree equivalent
IELTS 136
educationSkills Transferability 25
Work Experience 50

Granadoespada

Jan 14, 2015
I know it's not the highest score. And I know there are scores lower than me. But I'm not keeping my hopes up.
I know the highest score possible is 1200 so 419 is,not even half of that. I expect ITA before my birthday bevause onm y birthday, I will lose points.

Dabas B

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Well currently there is no one who has 600 points for pnp bcuz all nominations under pnp till 31st december will be reviewed under old process so they cannot claim 600 points for it

I am from India and holds 3.5 years diploma and after that 2 years post basic bsc nursing degree. Whats your view on it.WES will take it as a degree or diploma and degree? I am bit confused on this WES equivalncy part

Granadoespada

Jan 14, 2015
I don't know what that is equivalent to. And I don't want to speculate because I could guess all I want but the evaluation of WES or any other official evaluating company seems to be final. Who knows, maybe they'll evaluate your education as is

Granadoespada

Jan 14, 2015
When I applied, here's what happened, I applied first for Ontario, but when they emailed me the pdf application form, wherein it's a personalized application form, my name was incorrect. And it was back and forth correcting my name, maybe 5 times they sent an application form with a misspelling, so was frustrated because why can't my name be spelled correctly, so I just applied to British Columbia instead.

As for a program specifically for IEN's, no, right?

JERRY007

Oct 19, 2014
Dabas B said:
Hi
First Congrats on your score and NCLEX.

Are you from US?

To register in Canada, first you need to get your Nursing education assessed through NNAS (Google it for canada).They require IELTS Academic with overall score of 7 in each band if your first language is not English.

When applying through NNAS, you will need to select the province in which you would like to get Registered.NNAS will take around minimum of 2 months for this verification after they will provide you an advisory report.After that you will need to send all your documents to that particular nursing council.They will review your education and advisory report and if found suitable will process your application for registration.The registration process takes time from 3 month to max of 18 months. (NNAS time is not included in this)

If they found a lag between your country nursing education with that of canada, then you will asked for some bridging courses before registration process.
I am a graduate nurse.i have concerns about upcoming express entry for canada immigration.according to the informations,canada immigration is possible only after getting a job offer in express entry system.but my question, is it possible for an internationally trained nurse to get a job without liscence in caniada?